About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. In the last year, we've launched our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb on PC and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox One. We’re now working on several high-profile projects on PC and console and are looking for talented people to help make them great.
As a Splash Damage Gameplay Programmer, you will be responsible for implementing new and exciting game related features in a networked multiplayer friendly fashion. You will primarily be working with the Design team, helping them to realise their ambitions through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development. You will also work closely with the AI Programmers to coordinate game play and AI requirements as well as the Animation and Audio Animation teams, hooking up new game play features to the animation and audio systems as required.
Work with the Design Team to define gameplay requirements
Work with the various content generation teams to make great-looking and fun games
Have a passion to create new game-related features
Essential Skills and Experience
3 years professional game development experience
At least one shipped title
Experienced and proficient in C++
Professional development experience on real-time networked multiplayer games
Ability to write clear, maintainable and portable code
Good verbal and written communication skills
Strong Math background
Preferred Skills and Experience
UnrealEngine 3/Unreal Script
Multiplatform development experience
Experience with multi-threaded development
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.