BeefJack Create, an innovative video games company in London, is seeking an Associate Producer to help manage day-to-day production as well as acting as a key spokesperson and recognisable face of BeefJack Create.
BeefJack Create aims to break down the barriers into video games. We partner with the most interesting and talented budding games designers on the planet, and help them to turn their ideas into reality. From design to production and release, we incubate and fine-tune the most creative and forward-thinking indie games for individuals and small games businesses.
As the Associate Producer, you will report to and work closely with the Studio Head. You’ll plan, coordinate and budget production activities, both internally and with partner studios across the globe. You will act as a key point of contact for our clients as well as helping to manage our production pipeline - assigning and reviewing work, reporting on progress and removing those pesky roadblocks along the way.
You will also be one of the faces of BeefJack Create - getting out there and spreading the word as to what we can offer to our clients and partners, speaking to the media and influencers, and contributing to business development activities.
You’ll be a disciplined and detail-focused individual with experience in a production role on at least two previous video game projects, on either a triple-A or independent scale. You will have a deep understanding of games production processes and Agile project management techniques, and at least a basic understanding of the technical aspects of game development.
You will also be an exceptional and confident communicator with the ability to inspire others, rally the troops when the going gets tough, and get other people excited about the work that BeefJack Create does.
If this sounds like you, read on…
- Coordinate day-to-day production activities working with in-house staff as well as freelancers and partner studios
- Review and feed back on work completed
- Assist the Studio Head with production management activities
- Contribute to project budgeting and forecasting
- Contribute to securing new business including speaking with prospective clients, preparing proposals, networking, speaking engagements on behalf of the company etc
- 2-3 years in a video games production role with at least two projects shipped
- A working knowledge of Agile project management methodologies
- A detail-focused approach with the ability to accurately plan and report
- A basic understanding of budgeting and forecasting on a project basis
- Excellent communication skills in writing, in person and on the phone
- Preferably, experience in business development, public relations or outreach scenarios
- A cool head with the ability to work well under pressure and absorb the stress of others
- An understanding of game design and creating game design documentation
- Experience using graphic design software such as Photoshop
- Experience using 3D applications such as Maya
- Experience in a programming language such as C++ or PHP
- Experience using project management and bug tracking tools such as Jira
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary plus private healthcare (after a qualifying period)
Supply a copy of your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you are applying for this role.