C++ Software Engineer (Gaming)
Department / Function: Product Development ~ Content Development
Location: Chadderton Manchester or Wolverhampton
Hours: Mon-Fri, Full-time
C++ Software Engineer/Developer – C++/C Object Orientated, 2D/3D Video Games, Manchester or Wolverhampton
SG Gaming designs and develops leading gaming content in a creative and dynamic work environment, constantly striving to deliver new and exciting content to our consumers. We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to strengthen our team.
Working in a creative software team alongside graphic artists and games designers, you will be developing video game software for UK and International gaming markets. You will have full responsibility for taking games from initial concept through to final production.
- Delivering game content and make a significant contribution to the software teams overall output.
- Develop software whilst conforming to coding standards, release procedures and processes.
- Follow a self-determined project plan to deliver software in a timely manner.
- Take an active part in code reviews of other colleague’s developments.
- Assist in producing team guiding software helping to improve software quality.
In addition to a genuine interest in gaming, an in depth knowledge of 2D/3D video games programming and creative flair are major pre-requisites of the position.
The candidate must demonstrate a high level of technical competence coupled with a good grounding in software development. We would expect you to have the following:
- Good level of education, equivalent to at least degree level in a relevant subject such as Maths or Computer Science.
- Good level of Professional experience in the games/gaming industry.
- Strong C++ in an object oriented environment.
- Direct X / Open GL knowledge preferable (not essential).
- 3D/2D commercial game development experience.
- Knowledge of gaming techniques including Physics, animation and audio.
- Good understanding of statistical math.
- Knowledge of gambling industry advantageous (not essential).
- Awareness of software pipeline efficiencies’.
- Good understanding of the importance of source control practices.
- Good understanding of the importance of fault tracking systems.
Our investment in talent keeps SG Gaming at the cutting edge of the gaming industry as our team continues to develop the best new products that customers love to play. SG Gaming has a rich heritage in the UK gaming market and now has the support of global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 8,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents.