YAGER is an independent developer of computer and video games based in Berlin, Germany. We are an English-speaking studio that employs more than 100 people from 20 different countries. As passionate gamers ourselves, our focus is on the games we love to play: AAA, multi-platform experiences for a global audience.
Our people are our most important asset. Their individual skillsets and backgrounds, their creative and innovative thinking, and their love for games all create a collaborative environment which allows everyone to make their mark. We invest in the development of our staff, and reward their contributions with perks such as company parties, plenty of beer after milestones, opportunities for workshops, and more.
Game Designer (f/m)
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced Game Designer for our AAA F2P project Dreadnought. Join us in shaping the direction of the project as a driving force in Game Design and push the boundaries to deliver a unique user experience. We’re looking for people who love the idea of working together in interdisciplinary teams and a fast-paced and professional environment.
- Design and prototype core gameplay systems
- Implement and balance gameplay features from initial design to final polish
- Create and maintain internal design documentation, including feature specifications and implementation guides
- Collaborate with the team to ensure the implementation of systems into actual gameplay and maintain overall balance between multiple gameplay systems
- Iterate, balance and tune gameplay features based on ideas and feedback from team, QA and play testing during the whole production
- 3+ years of industry experience, ideally in a systems design capacity
- Experience balancing complex gameplay systems
- Ability to deliver under deadlines and time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Avid gamer with knowledge and understanding of various games and game types
- Passionate about videogames
- Experience with free to play title development
- MOBA or RPG experience is a plus
- Previous experience with Unreal
- Experience with Scrum and Kanban production methods
- Full-time and on-site
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
Join our Team!
If this sounds like you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people passionate about their work, please send us your application using our online form.