The Lead Artist leads an art team in the development of all aspects of a game’s visual design, including 2D and 3D assets, environments, characters, animation and UI. He or she creates briefings, mood boards, paint-overs, does regular art reviews and creates assets where necessary.
• Define the art style of a given title with input from the Art Director and other project stakeholders;
• Ensure that all assets created by the art team conform to the style and technical guidelines of the title;
• Provide regular reviews and feedback with clear and consistent direction to the art team;
• Drive the team to meet project deadlines and milestones;
• Inspire, motivate, and mentor other artists in best practices, processes, and procedures;
• Demonstrate a high level of creativity and originality in treatment of licensed- and original IP.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ Years of game industry experience;
• Multiple shipped game titles as a Lead- or Senior/Supervisor Artist;
• Demonstrate knowledge and application of current processes and techniques, including 3D modeling, animation, shaders, lighting and composition;
• An excellent understanding of the basic graphic design principles including: concept design, graphic design, animation, environment design, character design, texturing, lighting;
• Good written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate difficult and creative concepts in a clear and concise manner; capable of writing art design documentation defining needs;
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience with VR technology;
• Experience with creating content for a multitude of devices (phones, tablets, pc’s, consoles);
• Strong illustration and painting skills;
• Knowledge of Unity and/or UnrealEngine4 game engines.
• You are creative and have strong communication skills, passionate about games, and have in-depth experience of the tools of the trade and production pipelines;
• You are an inspiring, motivating team leader and mentor, driving the team to meet project quality levels and deadlines;
• Ideally you have 5+ years industry experience with at least 2 in a managerial art position and shipped a couple of games.
• Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues;
• A great spot to learn and share knowledge;
• Benefits according to experience and job;
• A healthy work-life balance;
• Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam.