When the world is going to hell, you want it to look like it's been there, got chewed up and was spat back out, right? If you do, then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for a Technical Animator / Character Rigger to join our kick-ass team in Stockholm.
In this position you will require a unique combination of artistic and technical expertise, be the bridge between our artists and engineers. You proactively solve problems and demonstrate creativity and a respect for aesthetics. You will ensure that visual assets can be easily integrated into the game engine without sacrificing visual quality. You understand how gameplay issues can affect content creation and can successfully develop workflows to compensate for such limitations.
You will enjoy artistic ownership of assets, pushing your aesthetic and technical skills to the fullest and you understand the delicate balance between art & tech. You thrive in an environment where you continually use your ability to multi-task and communicate with colleagues within several different disciplines.
- 3+ years industry experience with character technology (Skinning, Rigging, Tool development, etc.)
- Clear interest in contributing to the research and development of character technology.
- Strong problem-solving skills applied to character technology requirements.
- Comfortable stepping outside the “industry standard” mindset to develop leading, cutting edge solutions.
- Strong experience writing plug-ins
- Strong general understanding of character/animation pipeline.
- Team player, excellent communication skills.
- Experience developing IK Solvers, blending techniques, etc.
- Experience developing character and animation facial related technology
- Experience with motion capture systems
- Strong understanding of anatomy
- Strong Python skills
- Experience with Maya
- Experience with Motion Builder
Still reading? Great, because here comes the good part:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the entertainment industry.
Sounds good? Then we can't wait to see your resume and meet you!
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as interviews are held continuously. All applications must include a resume and personal letter to be considered.