Company OverviewAs one of the leading interactive entertainment companies, SEGA's European Head Quarters are based in West London. We also cultivate diverse, creative development talent with a network of studios across the UK, US and Canada.Synonymous with quality, our world-class development studios include Amplitude Studios, Sports Interactive, The Creative Assembly, Hardlight and Relic Entertainment.At the heart of SEGA is our European Head Quarters, based in West London, which is home to our publishing function. We support the needs of the development studios and make the creative vision become a reality. Here we host a range of diverse, highly talented individuals from technical staff to Sales, Marketing, PR, QA and beyond.We have built a highly successful team that is dedicated to driving the continued success and evolution of our European business.
Working the SEGA way
Our leading benefits package is key to our people strategy at SEGA; we look for the best talent and in return we offer only the best benefits. These include life assurance, income protection, Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance schemes and an extremely competitive contributory pension scheme.As well as the best benefits, we offer highly competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme all of which ensure the team stay motivated and focused on the continued success of SEGA.We all have a lot in common at SEGA. We enjoy being part of a lively, self-motivated group of people who thrive on passion and creativity in an exciting and ever-evolving industry. We also like to enrich the lives of our employees. To help everyone relax and enjoy their time at SEGA, we offer everything from in-house massage therapy, office table tennis, a gaming area complete with retro arcade games and consoles to the latest technology, a video games library, daily fresh fruit, ice creams for hot summer days and flexible working hours to ensure everyone gets to have a life outside of the office! There are regular social events, game nights, weekly football tournaments, regular boxing sessions, a running club and much more to ensure our staff enjoy life outside of work.We are proud of the passionate, creative team we have built as well as the unique culture of the company. We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, product launch parties, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London, an annual summer conference and themed fancy-dress Christmas party!And that's just the tip of the iceberg.Check out our Careers Website to find out why we are a workplace you'll never want to leave!
Working within the Central Marketing team, the role is expected to take ownership primarily for all Amplitude Studios products and product communication within the SEGA Europe structure.The role will work closely with the Brand Team at Amplitude Studios in order to represent and promote the presence of the franchises and products with the SEGA assigned distributors across EMEA.It will also be the responsibility of the Senior Product Manager will be to plan, deliver and execute clear marketing plans for all products under their jurisdiction within the UK market hitting pre-set objectives.The role will work closely with other internal commercial departments including the PR, ESD, international sales and distribution teams.
- Planning and execution of EMEA ATL marketing campaigns for assigned products in conjunction with the respective brand teams within the Pillar (Studio), PR, sales and channel marketing teams
- Be ambassadors for products across the EMEA territory - be the point of contact in the SEGA central marketing team for assigned products
- Budgetary objectives - manage product budgets effectively, ensuring all spend is signed off, agreed and within budget, while maximising delivery and impact on all titles
- Assist with local-territory-specific production requirements (eg. language, contractual or age-rating classification issues) liaising directly with the studio's and other departments within SEGA as required
- Work closely with the brand pillar team on creative production and delivery to ensure timely and accurate marketing materials are in place
- Support the Central Marketing Product Managers across designated territories within the EMEA region, working closely with the local distribution teams to ensure ATL and channel execution of product specific campaigns across other key SEGA products
- Develop working knowledge of assigned EMEA market places, retail landscape, consumer profile, marketing activity and pricing economics
- Work closely with external media and marketing agencies to represent the franchises and the studios in internal and external meetings
- Work closely with the SEGA ESD commercial team to ensure that digital retail needs, primarily Steam's, are well catered for and those relationships remain profitable and optimised
- Ensure expert knowledge across key franchise titles and associated genres (including BP forecasting, key selling features, milestone delivery dates, demo ability, market and genre status and history, and any territory specifics and competitor titles)
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with all inter-company SEGA teams to ensure fully aligned execution of marketing strategies
- Assist the sales team to manage forecasts, sell in, sell out and inventory for each SKU to minimise exposure and maximise sell through
- Work closely with the studio and internal PR Teams to ensure that the PR plan supports the marketing plan
- Post launch sales review and re-promotion strategies to ensure products reach or exceed targets - manage lifecycle of products during planning process
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Marketing or business degree or Product marketing experience in a global organisation ideally within the games industry or related entertainment industry
- Must be detail oriented, possess good time management skills and be able to prioritise in a changing environment
- Demonstrable record of delivering marketing elements to a quality level, by planned dates and within agreed budgets
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Possess a good understanding of the PC Strategy genre, and a knowledge of titles from Amplitude Studios is extremely desirable
- Strong appreciation of publishing and broad, in-depth and up-to-date product knowledge of the mainstream games industry is preferable
- Excellent presentation skills, to all sizes of audience
- Able to build and maintain strong professional and informal relationships within organisations and externally with members of the public
- Knowledge and understanding of current media trends, both within the specialist gaming environment and wider
- Strong level of creativity across marketing plans and elements
- Pro-activeness to think ahead and identify tasks that need to be carried out and the motivation to complete these on own initiative
- Flexibility to react quickly, reschedule and prioritise workload
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.