YAGER is an independent developer of computer and video games based in Berlin, Germany. We are an English-speaking studio that employs more than 100 people from 20 different countries. As passionate gamers ourselves, our focus is on the games we love to play: AAA, multi-platform experiences for a global audience.
Our people are our most important asset. Their individual skillsets and backgrounds, their creative and innovative thinking, and their love for games all create a collaborative environment which allows everyone to make their mark. We invest in the development of our staff, and reward their contributions with perks such as company parties, plenty of beer after milestones, opportunities for workshops, and more.
Level Designer (f/m)
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced Level Designer for our AAA F2P project Dreadnought. Join us in shaping the direction of the project as a driving force in Level Design and push the boundaries to deliver a unique user experience. We’re looking for people who love the idea of working together in interdisciplinary teams and a fast-paced and professional environment.
- Develop, prototype and document the level design paradigm in a title which features innovation in core gameplay and game modes
- Collaborate with Technical Art to create the workflows and production paradigm for level building (e.g. modular systems)
- Conceptualize engaging and entertaining gameplay scenarios as well as presentational set pieces for single player and multiplayer levels
- Create level prototypes and final in-game levels using Unreal Editor and Unreal’s scripting system (Blueprint)
- Collaborate with departmental leads and design team to develop core concepts and game content
- Balance and adjust game-play experiences to ensure the product’s critical and commercial success
- Meet deadlines and manage tasks effectively
- Document new game levels
- 3+ years of level design experience; previous design experience on shipped AAA action game titles
- You understand the aesthetics of open environments, how function and form interrelate, as well as what makes a level fun
- Strong understanding of PVP level design
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of game design, particularly level design and it’s interaction with gameplay design (player tools, AI, etc.)
- Strong understanding of production implications related to level design
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Demonstrable success in creating compelling player experiences (game play, scenarios, activities, encounters)
- Ability to rapidly conceptualize and implement game ideas using various tools and technology
- Ability to take and apply direction and work well in a team environment
- Experience with scripting languages, either visual or text based, such as Unreal’s Blueprints
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Passionate about videogames
- Experience working on enemy design and AI
- Full-time and on-site
- Status: employment
- Start: asap
Join our Team!
If this sounds like you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people passionate about their work, please send us your application using our online form.