Cryptic Studios is looking for exceptionally talented Concept Artists with strong vision and genuine passion for games! As part of the concept team, you’ll work closely with artists, designers and other creative developers at Cryptic to generate new and exciting visual ideas that will breathe life into every corner of our games.
We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we hire great people who love the work, the genre and the game!
Every day you could be:
• Drawing, painting and visualizing original and IP consistent content for Neverwinter, Star Trek or unannounced projects
• Collaborating with artists, designers, and engineers to bring visually compelling characters, environments, props and worlds to life
• Iterating on game assets with fellow artists via paint overs, studies, and group critiques
What we'd like to see:
• 3+ years’ game development experience, specifically working as a concept artist.
• Expert level proficiency with Photoshop, Painter or equivalent 2D/illustration software
• Exceptional traditional drawing abilities including perspective, environmental/architectural design, color theory, values, and composition
• Deep understanding of human/creature anatomy, form, shape language and silhouette
• Strong knowledge of weapon, armor, fashion and costume design
• Demonstrated ability to work in a broad range of styles and an ability to clearly articulate stylistic choices, elements and techniques
• Proven experience creating visual designs that support gameplay oriented goals
• Self-motivated, humble, excellent communication skills and a team-player attitude
• BA or BS degree in art or equivalent work experience
• Familiarity with 3ds Max, ZBrush or equivalent 3D tools
• Experience using proprietary game engines and tools
• Understanding of industry related technical terms related to game development
• Passion for the Dungeons & Dragons and/or Star Trek franchises preferred
Required application materials:
• Resume and cover letter
• Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
• An art test may be required