Senior 3D Generalist
Lockwood Publishing is the creator of the hugely successful mobile virtual world called Avakin Life. Launched in December 2013 Avakin Life has to date achieved over 15 million downloads across Google Play, iOS, and Amazon. It has also ranked in the top 300 grossing apps in the US in the Apple Appstore.
Lockwood Publishing is looking for a highly creative 3D Generalist to work on a wide variety of tasks. To be considered for this role, you will be expected to have technical skills such as rigging as well as, modelling, texturing, lighting, rendering, and composite 3d software skills. In both Real time games environments and offline rendering.
The role will involve working alongside our Lead Artist to produce a very wide range of art assets and test data. The working environment is fast-paced but highly rewarding. Working closely with other Lockwood Artists and Programmers you will be producing high-quality art in an iterative process.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum three years production experience in Games, VFX or Pre viz.
- Ability to troubleshoot & execute a broad range of 3D software tasks including modelling, UV layout, texturing, lighting, & rendering.
- Thorough knowledge in one of Modo, Maya, 3DS Max.
- Skilled and experienced in compositing render layers in post utilising Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong sense of composition, light, and colour.
- Possess strong technical skills and ability to learn new software/techniques quickly.
- Ability to thrive as a member of our team.
- Strong ability to multi-task, organise, and problem-solve while keeping a calm demeanour under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Detail oriented and focused on continual process improvement; must have a strong desire to learn from other members of the team, and to share knowledge and discoveries.
You will be working closely with the Leads and directors developing and realising creative concepts and ideas. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a company where they will have a strong impact and be able to grow as our company expands.
This role is a permanent position located in our Nottingham studio.
Company Benefits Include:
Uncapped monthly revenue share bonus scheme.
Flexible working subject to core-hours attendance.
Milestone based rewards.
Staff social outings.
Pension or Gym membership available.
Pleasant City Centre offices located in a historic part of Nottingham and within 5 minutes walk from high street shops, pubs, restaurants and public amenities with excellent transport links.