Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. By the end of 2016, the team will exceed 400 people, all of which are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
The lead scriptwriter is responsible for crafting the hero’s story and its overall quality, in charge of characters creation, dialogues, and any other narrative-related content required by the project (such as in-game text).
The incumbent works in close collaboration with the Game Design Narrative and the production team to ensure coherence and quality as narrative content is perfectly synchronized with the gameplay.
The main and routine tasks of the lead scriptwriter are to:
* Ensure synchronization with the Narrative Game Designer;
* Collaborate closely with the team members who oversee the design of the narrative;
* Understand the intentions of the Creative Director and ensure their vision is translated into words;
* Build and oversee a team of writers;
* Set up a prioritized work schedule for the writing team;
* Review the narrative work and provide feedback in line with the direction;
* Ensure a consistent tone and voice across a project;
* Address concerns/issues brought up by members of the writing team;
* Interface with other projects within a given brand to ensure consistency between releases and overarching narrative;
* Mentor writers and provide knowledge sharing/constructive feedback;
* Function as a conduit with our team leads to ensure all writers are aware of project developments;
* Carry out all other related tasks.
Diploma of College Studies in scriptwriting, litterature or filmmaking or any other revelant studies.
Minimum 10 years' experience in scriptwriting or any other relevant experience
Skills and Knowledge:
* Basic understanding of game design fundamentals and processes
* Ability to collaborate, and respond to feedback/notes in a mature and timely manner
* Organizational skills
* Curiosity, Sense of observation
* Ability to delegate tasks
* Inspiration by people, society and world in general
* Knowledge of french (an asset)
Your Writing Samples
Please select three varied pieces of writing that showcase your approach to
· Character development
· Dramatic structure
More recent samples are better. You can include older work if necessary, but as most of us are continually improving, it’s important to show recent work. Your samples will ideally include game writing, but need not be limited to it.
game writing film, theatre, television or web series scripts novels, short stories or other fiction or creative non-fiction
academic writing and game reviews can demonstrate the basic quality of your sentence-level writing, but don’t demonstrate voice, dialogue, character development, or drama
Do not send game design documents.
Salary: 70 000$- 100 000$