Fireteam doesn’t only create backend services for games, we also utilise our expertise to help development teams with integration as well as do custom development for them. As an online services engineer you will work with our clients to improve the online aspect games or build online features; making sure their games have smooth launches and players have a great experience.
While working as an online services engineer for Fireteam you’ll be exposed to various engine/game technologies as well as backend APIs, both first and third party. You should be comfortable diving into a foreign codebase and apply your skills where it matters most for our customers.
You will work with our clients to solve problems they might have with online services or other networking related code, potentially working directly in their codebase
You will be responsible for architecting and building our SDKs in various languages
Game development experience, shipping an online AAA game, working directly on online systems and having been responsible for the online services integration with a 1st or 3rd party platform
Self-motivated with a strong sense of prioritisation and quality
Able to own features from end-to-end, with the ability to create technical designs and estimates
Able to work individually or collaborate as part of a team
Experience with Unreal Engine and/or Unity preferred
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Fireteam offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.