Senior Database Developer noSQL (Hadoop/Big Data)
Work in Berlin for one of the world`s largest games websites and excite more than 125 million users.
GameDuell`s IT architecture is based on the SOA paradigm and consists of several loosely linked services that communicate by sending messages to each other. On one hand, the architecture allows a horizontal scaling of databases and services. On the other hand, it offers the highest possible availability and robustness for the user.
As a Senior Database Developer at GameDuell, you will be responsible for our Hadoop/Big Data infrastructure and you will serve as an interface between different teams.
• Consolidation and optimization of the current Hadoop/Big Data infrastructure
• MapReduce Data Aggregation
• Design and extension of data models
• Database performance analysis, tuning and monitoring
• Effectively drive cross-team solutions
What we expect
• Completed university degree in the field of Technical Informatics, Computer Science or similar
• 5+ years of relevant working experience with the design and development of databases
• Profound knowledge of noSQL databases and technologies including Hadoop, Hive, Pig and Cascading
• Core competencies in JAVA necessary
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures
• Experience with the usage of Apache Storm and Kafka, Spark would be an advantage
• Fluent English is mandatory, knowledge of German very welcome
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work well in a team environment are also required
What we offer
• Demanding tasks and new challenges
• One of the best offices in Berlin: The GameDuell office in Mitte! Includes free soft drinks, fruit, pool table, table tennis, and a terrace
• Interesting possibilities for your personal development
• Developing the best products and inspiring our customers by providing an extraordinary game experience
• A great, performance oriented, friendly and international team is looking forward to meeting you
• Flexible work hours
• Timeframe: Immediately, full time
If you are up for the challenge, then we look forward to hearing from you.