Position at GREE
Our mission is, and always has been, to create rich worlds filled with meaningful social interaction and immersive gameplay. We're always on the lookout for talented VFX artists to help us achieve this goal. If you live and breathe visual effects, love putting the 'wow factor' into mobile games, and thrive in creative, high-performing environments, you'll love it here at GREE!
***Submitting your resume and portfolio will ensure that you're the first person we reach out to when a new position becomes available.***
As a VFX artist at GREE, you'll be responsible for the following:
- Design and create captivating and highly performant VFX for a new mobile IP using Photoshop, Maya, Unity and in-game FX systems.
- Execute concept and production designs while working collaboratively with the Technical, Design and Creative teams.
- Work closely with Producers and Product Owners to ensure that VFX meet expected visual quality target, satisfy marketing goals and meet production schedules.
- Collaborate and communicate with the Art Director, Designers and Project Managers for the creation of concepts, visual targets, project style-guides, implementation and final polish of VFX through the production cycle.
- Design and maintain clear naming conventions and organisation for asset files.
- Proactively manage asset file size and monitor performance issues.
Interested? Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- Demonstrated experience creating visual effects for mobile games using Unity.
- A solid grasp of the principles of animation, physics, lighting and gameplay.
- Previous work with real-time 3D particle system (Unity preferred), physics, ribbons, shaders, solid knowledge of rendering engines.
- The ability to author textures and geometry as needed for VFX.
- Present a well-organized portfolio that demonstrates a compelling visual style, polished technical implementation and an understanding of mobile game VFX development.
It's a bonus, but not essential, to have the following:
- Have shipped AAA mobile titles as a VFX artist (Unity preferred)
- Experience with Unity pipeline
- Scripting experience in C#, Python, etc.
- Experience designing VFX shaders
- 2D or 3D animation experience
More about our team
Work is play when your job is to make games. At GREE International Entertainment, we pride ourselves on giving employees the chance to turn their personal passions into play and we're looking for more top-tier talent to join the excitement. GREE is a global community of engineers, artists and designers who are passionately creating the best mobile games together. And beyond having free lunch, a tonne of benefits, and a decidedly non-corporate culture, working with a team of talented, motivated and fun people is the best perk of all.
More about GREE International Entertainment
GREE is a global leader in building top-quality, high engagement free-to-play mobile games. GREE's annual revenue run rate is over $1 billion, and the Company has a market cap of $1.4 billion with over $500 million available in cash. GREE International Entertainment, the division leading GREE's charge into the Western market, was formed in 2011 and rapidly achieved international success, with popular titles such as DragonSoul, Knights & Dragons, Modern War and Crime City.
We're in the business of fun. Come have some.