Position at GREE
There's never been a more exciting time to join GREE. We're on a mission to redefine mobile gaming, and we need an exceptional VFX artist to help put the 'wow factor' into our cutting-edge new title. You'll be joining a small yet powerful team of talented individuals and industry veterans. We're all game geeks around here and we know your passions because we're the ones playing alongside you.
- Design and create captivating and highly performant VFX for a new mobile IP using Photoshop, Maya, Unity and in-game FX systems.
- Execute concept and production designs while working collaboratively with the Technical, Design and Creative teams.
- Work closely with Producers and Product Owners to ensure that VFX meet expected visual quality target, satisfy marketing goals and meet production schedules.
- Collaborate and communicate with the Art Director, Designers and Project Managers for the creation of concepts, visual targets, project style-guides, implementation and final polish of VFX through the production cycle.
- Designing and maintaining clear naming conventions and organization for asset files.
- Proactively manage asset file size and monitor performance issues.
- Demonstrated experience creating visual effects for Mobile games using Unity
- A solid grasp of the principles of animation, physics, lighting and gameplay.
- Previous work with real time 3d particle system (Unity preferred), physics, ribbons, shaders, solid knowledge of rendering engines.
- The ability to author textures and geometry as needed for VFX.
- The ability to discuss and present your work, take direction and feedback from stakeholders.
- The ability to be organized and work with the AD and project manager to manage priorities and the VFX production schedule in a dynamic, agile environment.
- Present a well-organized portfolio that demonstrates a compelling visual style, polished technical implementation and an understanding of mobile game VFX development.
- A self-starter with a high level of initiative who is proactive in finding creative and effective solutions to day-to-day problems and working with the development team and project manager resolving conflicts.
- Have shipped AAA mobile titles as a VFX artist (Unity preferred)
- Experience with Unity pipeline
- Scripting experience in C#, Python, etc.
- Experience designing VFX shaders
- 2D or 3D animation experience
With headquarters in San Francisco, GREE International was formed in 2011 and rapidly achieved global success, with popular titles such as League of War: Mercenaries, Knights & Dragons, Modern War and Crime City. Our Melbourne studio is a talented community of artists, engineers and designers that are passionately creating an innovative new mobile title, together.
We're in the business of fun. Come have some.