Position at GREE
Our Melbourne studio is a talented community of artists, engineers and designers who are passionately creating an innovative new mobile title. As a Technical Artist, you'll be working with an exceptionally talented team of artists, programmers and designers that are passionately creating an innovative new mobile title. You'll draw upon your extensive knowledge of artistic tools, scripts and game features, and lighting and physics to redefine players' expectations of mobile gaming.
- Collaborate directly with artists and engineers to improve workflows, create and implement scripts and game features.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of game asset workflows and pipelines for and performance parameters for mobile games.
- Assist artists and designers with the implementation of assets into the game engine that meets the visual target and technical requirements.
- Proactively work with the team to ensure that asset file size and performance issues are understood and monitored.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Education in 2D/3D art and software development
- Extensive experience with Photoshop, Flash, Unity, 3D Software
- Experience writing and debugging Scripts: MEL, Python, Unity, Photoshop etc.
- Experience writing pipeline tools
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively in a creative and dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail, respect for game performance, and a highly collaborative, creative problem solver.
- The ability to work with a project manager on priorities and production schedules.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with small to large teams in a deadline-driven environment
Bonus points for the following:
- Background in 3D/Modelling and illustration
- Bachelor degree in Fine Arts, Animation or Computer Science
- C# or any engineering skills.
- Knowledge of shading languages.
We're in the business of fun. Come have some.
You'll be joining a small yet powerful team of talented individuals and industry veterans. We've built a culture which is laid-back and fun whilst being passionate and high performing. We're all game geeks around here and we know your passions because we're the ones playing alongside you.
With headquarters in San Francisco, GREE International was formed in 2011 and rapidly achieved global success, with popular titles such as Knights & Dragons, Modern War and Crime City.