Position at GREE: We have a unique opportunity for a Senior Director to lead our Media strategy, planning and buying capability at Gree. Our internal UA, BI and creative teams are already known for pioneering work across mobile media formats, analytics, and franchise excellence. Currently we are focused almost exclusively in mobile media but are aggressively driving an expansion across media formats (television, OOH, influencer programs etc.) and Western World territories.
We are looking for an accomplished Media professional with expertise in all aspects of the modern media landscape, but your core drive is to shape an innovative media architecture that evolves with our business and leaves no question about its impact. Mobile game launches now require multi-million dollar media investments to drive broad awareness and cultural impact. You will drive that charge from a media perspective for both existing and soon-to-launch blockbuster games. Armed with senior relationships at premier media outlets and an innovative perspective on how to apply the various media tactics, you will help expand our marketing presence internationally. A deep understanding of the integrated media landscape, measurement, and optimization is critical.
- Prioritize and plan omni-channel media in pursuit of the most appropriate prospects and customers for our games to achieve business objectives
- Work Closely with our media agencies to build and execute the strategic media plan in both NA and EU.
- Partner with Sr. Director(s) of Product Marketing to ensure coordination of media with creative efforts and content marketing, and to maximize the impact of all marketing programs
- Initiate, structure, and engage high impact strategic partnerships (both internal and external)
- Ensure smooth deployment and maintenance of ad serving, and reporting systems - Identify and evaluate new opportunities and emerging channels
- Identify and develop talent on the Media team
- Build and maintain Gree's reputation in the media space in the interests of business development and attracting top talent
- 10-12 years of relevant work experience in the media communications industry
- Ability to identify and negotiate partnerships across traditional and digital channels
- Proven ability to creatively build, scale and maintain an integrated media practice focused on business results
- Strong senior relationships at media companies, clients and emerging technology providers to enable near-term business opportunities
- Relentless drive to review and improve processes, best practices, organizational structures and personnel for optimal results
- Demonstrated ability to develop and integrate intellectual capital, POV, and recommendations that capitalize on media trends to fulfill company vision and strategy
- Collaborative and empowering approach to team and project leadership
- Skilled at partnering and motivating outside agencies to deliver media plans and execution against clear business goals.
- Self-driven, confident and analytical
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Familiarity with / curiosity about emerging channels and technology
- TV planning experience a must
- International planning and execution a significant plus
- Boldness to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, balancing independent thought with collaboration