Head of Development, Good Catch
The games development company, Good Catch, (part of Endemol Shine Group) is looking for an exceptional Head of Development to join our management team. The successful applicant will be a highly experienced, versatile Programmer who enjoys team management as well as hands on programming.
Reporting to the Managing Director, your main responsibility will be to oversee the technical development of all of Good Catch’s products and lead our team of developers to deliver high quality products.
- Controlling the quality of all code in our products. Motivating the team to write clean, efficient and optimised code and perform regular code reviews.
- Overseeing the definition and creation of a reusable code base and be able to directly contribute to the code base (hands on Unity development) when necessary.
- Liaising closely with the Technical Project Manager and product teams to ensure our products are of the highest quality and delivered within budget.
- Sourcing high quality and experienced outsourced development partners.
- Estimating overall project delivery lengths from a development perspective.
- Mentoring key technical staff, conducting pair programming, 11’s & knowledge sharing sessions to enhance team skills.
- Putting in place best practices related to version control and our use of AWS Mobile SDK for game backends.
- Expert C# and Unity experience, with 5+ years developing games professionally and 3+ years as a lead Programmer on released iOS/Android games.
- Experience building networked, data driven games and working with downloadable asset bundles, SDKs and third-party plugins.
- Expertise in technical design, programming, debugging and optimization for iOS and Android.
- Understanding of networking and graphics, performance issues and trade-offs.
- Excellent understanding of object oriented programming principles, how components work together and various common architectural approaches.
A very good catch will have:
- Experience of working in an agile project environment.
- Native development experience with iOS / Android.
- Experience of developing for PC or console platforms using Unity.
- Experience in games programming outside of Unity, using Java/C++/ObjectiveC/ActionScript and/or other 3D game engines
If you would like to apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' below to please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Head of Development, Good Catch’ in the subject heading. The closing date for applications is 9th September 2016.