BeefJack, a games company in London, is seeking an ambitious and entrepreneurial Finance & Operations Director to drive the company’s financial and operational vision.
BeefJack is a creative games company in London. We're a small but ambitious company with a group of businesses that provide services to a diverse array of clients - from design to development, marketing, business incubation and beyond.
You’ll be a naturally entrepreneurial individual with a desire to achieve great things. You may be from a purely financial background, or may have experience in the legal or operational fields. You will be exceptional with numbers but also a highly competent communicator with a decent understanding of governance, contract law and, more broadly business itself.
Working alongside the company’s existing directors, you will assume accountability for the company’s finances as well as acting as the primary point of contact for our legal and accounting partners. You will work to negotiate the best deals on behalf of the company with a view to reducing costs and protecting the business’ financial interests.
Most importantly, you will devise and implement a strategic vision for the company’s financial future. How will we minimise our expenditure? How can we increase revenue? How should the company be structured and how will this contribute to our wider business strategy? These are all questions you will be asking yourself on a daily basis, and working alongside the Creative Director and Commercial Director to answer.
- Take full ownership of the company’s accounting and financial strategy
- Collaborate closely with the company’s directors to plan the future of the business
- Ensure pin-point accuracy with our P&Ls, cashflow and reporting
- Work closely with BeefJack’s legal and accounting partners
- Negotiate the best deals with suppliers, clients and partners
- Potentially line-manage other operational and finance staff members
- Establish ways for the company to save costs on an ongoing basis
- A deep understanding of business and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Several years’ experience working in senior business roles, with experience in not just finance but also - wider business operations
- An eagle eye for detail
- Preferably, experience working in both corporate entities and start-ups
- A burning passion for what you do and a desire to achieve great things!
Salary and Benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- Private health cover after a qualifying period
How to Apply
Include a copy of your CV as well as a covering note explaining why you are applying for the role. No recruitment agencies.