As one of the leading interactive entertainment companies, we cultivate diverse, creative development talent with a network of studios across the UK and Canada.Synonymous with quality, our world-class development studios include Sports Interactive, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.At the heart of SEGA is our European Head Quarters, based in West London, which is home to our publishing function. We support the needs of the development studios and make the creative vision become a reality. Here we host a range of diverse, highly talented individuals from Sales, Marketing, PR to IT, QA and beyond.We have built a highly successful team that is dedicated to driving the continued success and evolution of our Western business.
Working the SEGA way
Our leading benefits package is key to our people strategy at SEGA; we look for the best talent and in return we offer only the best benefits. These include life assurance, income protection, Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance schemes and an extremely competitive contributory pension scheme.As well as the best benefits, we offer highly competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme all of which ensure the team stay motivated and focused on the continued success of SEGA.We all have a lot in common at SEGA. We enjoy being part of a lively, self-motivated group of people who thrive on passion and creativity in an exciting and ever-evolving industry.We also like to enrich the lives of our employees. To help everyone relax and enjoy their time at SEGA, we offer everything from in-house massage therapy, office table tennis, a gaming area complete with retro arcade games and consoles to the latest technology, a video games library, daily fresh fruit, ice creams for hot summer days and flexible working hours to ensure everyone gets to have a life outside of the office!There are regular social events, game nights, weekly football tournaments, regular boxing sessions, a running club and much more to ensure our staff enjoy life outside of work.We are proud of the passionate, creative team we have built as well as the unique culture of the company. We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, product launch parties, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London, an annual summer conference and themed fancy-dress Christmas party!And that's just the tip of the iceberg.Check out sega.co.uk to find out why we are a workplace you'll never want to leave!
This position is accountable for prioritising test workload through standards in order to achieve the highest level of 1st Party compliance coverage, along with any other non-functional or specialised testing for the Compliance team within Development Services. Working as part of a central resource in Development Services this role requires an expert understanding of requirements along with proven team management, ability to plan, process creation, documentation and communication.
- Familiarisation of the most up-to-date 1st Party Guideline documentation and application of respective guidelines to software in test, also ensuring firmware is deployed as required.
- Enter professional, clear, accurate and complete bug descriptions using the correct naming conventions and monitor databases for Compliance bugs not listed as Compliance bugs, updating accordingly.
- Coordinate test scripts thoroughly and consistently to ensure known 1st Party and Sega custom test cases are completed exhaustively.
- Follow test steps accurately as part of bug sweeps to ensure bugs have not been reopened at critical stages of the project, escalating reproduced issues as required.
- Use keen observational skills and testing experience to go beyond test scripts and increase effectiveness of testing.
- Concisely and effectively communicate important project issues and test results to all key stakeholders within Sega as well as 1st Party groups and external parties where necessary.
- Ensure daily updates and effective handover reports are provided cross shift.
- Develop and maintain current practices, where necessary evolve them for ambitious titles.
- Assist Functionality with Compliance issues, technical functionality and the Functional Test Cases and work alongside the Project Leads to coordinate test strategy and progress.
- Apply new or updated Compliance processes and procedures to test adapting to new 1st Party requirements as required.
- Assist Localisation QA with the Compliance aspects of message checklists and the Language and Translation teams with terminology checks.
- Attend release and kick-off meetings if required, feeding all relevant material discussed back to the Compliance team.
- Identify the need for test case adjustment in order to increase coverage and increase effectiveness.
- Actively lead training of permanent and zero hour testers to the highest standard.
- Carry out duties in a professional manner, act diligently to monitor security of equipment and media at all times, and follow team direction and instructions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Compliance team, promoting and working within a strong team environment. Being a firm and able team member.
- Assist with compiling must fix lists and any submission preparation or review as required.
- Assist Mastering and Equipment with firmware updates where required and monitoring equipment condition, escalating concerns if required.
- Have a thorough technical understanding of respective platforms and test tools in order to provide technical and testing support for the platform both within Compliance and other disciplines within Dev Services.
- Lead game manual checks and English text file reviews for Compliance issues such as terminology and assist with any applicable design documentation reviews, escalating issues where needed via appropriate channels.
- Support the team, actively working with colleagues from other disciplines within Dev Services and is a platform specific point of contact, imparting knowledge and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Concisely and effectively identify and communicate severity and risk of issues and coverage gaps to the project in a timely manner to respective stakeholders.
- Coordinate the test workload in line with code development scheduling, anticipating and providing coverage to support the agile nature of QA work style.
- Conduct performance review meetings on a regular basis and raise continual performance concerns.
- Assign daily tasks to the testing team and ensure test scripts are followed and completed in a timely manner.
- Document and archive test case results in detail and ensure they are clear and understandable for future projects, updating test scripts in line with the testing methodology.
- Continually monitor and develop performance in Compliance on an individual and team level.
- Think proactively, anticipating problems and taking affirmative steps to deal positively with them.
- Test SEGA product when appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in video game / online testing
- Knowledge of video gaming industry and wide knowledge of video games
- Passion for the role and the company
- High standards of work and willingness to meet and exceed expectations
- Adaptability and willingness to improve processes and own development
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbally
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Proactively help and assist colleagues, maintaining a 'can do' attitude when under pressure and plan ahead, identifying tasks that need to be carried out and the motivation to complete these on own initiative
- Ability to work unsupervised and maintain focus and commitment
- Ability to maintain an adaptable approach to testing
- Advanced knowledge of SEGA processes
- Minimum 24 months proven experience in testing compliance
- Minimum 12 months proven experience in leading a team within a project based environment
- If required, the job holder will be expected to work outside normal office hours, including weekends and/or bank holidays, when necessary. The job holder may also be required to work offsite if necessary.
- The job holder will be expected to execute any additional requests or instructions issued by senior staff or other members of the management team that are suitable to the job remit.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.