Feral Interactive, a leading developer and publisher of AAA games for Mac and Linux, are expanding their internal QA team. As part of this process, we are looking for a number of experienced QA Technicians.
You will assist in all kinds of QA testing across a range of projects: Feral ports Windows releases to Mac and Linux, so you can expect to work on recent PC hits. As we work with a variety of publishers, you’ll be testing a wide variety of games of different genres and styles.
Our QA process differs from that during original development: you won’t be running around levels trying to find holes in walls or logging bugs recommending game design decisions. Instead, typical testing duties include:
- Checking that the game runs well on supported hardware
- Running performance comparisons against the original game
- Looking for in-game graphics rendering issues
- Multiplayer testing (in some cases, cross-platform)
- Helping with language checks and game documentation
As well as optimising in-game performance, we also aim for our games to have excellent integration in the OS, so a strong background using Mac and/or Linux is an advantage.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in our offices in London, UK.
What experience should you have?
What else would help?
- Significant experience in game testing in a professional environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- An active interest in computer games
What’s in it for you?
- Experience of testing on multiple platforms
- Experience with Mac and/or Linux, testing or otherwise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How do you apply?
- Salary of £18-21k, dependent on experience
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
- Regular company dinners and outings
To apply, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.