Lion Game Lion is strengthening up the team and is now looking for a Technical Artist to join our kick-ass team in Zagreb, Croatia.
As a Technical Artist you will, with a unique combination of artistic and technical expertise, be the bridge between our artists and engineers. You proactively solve problems and demonstrate creativity and a respect for aesthetics. You will ensure that visual assets can be easily integrated into the game engine without sacrificing visual quality. You understand how gameplay and architecture issues can affect content creation and can successfully develop workflows to compensate for such limitations.
As a Technical Artist you will enjoy artistic ownership of assets, pushing your aesthetic and technical skills to the fullest. Your interest lies foremost with creating realistic worlds, exteriors and interiors and you understand the delicate balance between art & tech. You thrive in an environment where you continually use your ability to multi-task and communicate with colleagues within several different disciplines.
- Setup, implementation & management of assets from a technical point of view
- Investigation of new techniques for workflows & technical implementation
- Understanding of technical limitations for art assets within the game world
- Take the initiative to set-up assets in new ways that pushes our in house engine
- Responsibility for the full scope of the level art
- Participate and communicate with peers, managers and vendors
- Work closely with the team to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive
Work with other departments to create and implement high quality in-game technical animation
- Work with level design team to create level specific animations
To be successful in this position you have:
- Great knowledge of Maya / MODO / Motionbuilder
- Self-driven, communicative and creative person.
- Excellent understanding of scripted events for art assets
- Excellent experience in Maya & Photoshop
- Experience with PBR
- Experience with Python Scripting is a plus
- Excellent understanding of the technical limitations of game art assets
- Ability to work in a team, communicate well and being proactive
- Great with time estimations, assessments and prioritizing
- Motion capture experience
- Good rigging knowledge
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
Still reading? Great!
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the entertainment industry.
Sounds good? Then we can't wait to see your resume and meet you!
Starbreeze is an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products. With studios in Stockholm, Paris and Los Angeles, the company creates games by own design and through licensed content, aiming to create franchises that prosper as games and elsewhere. We live and die by gameplay.
LION GAME LION is a game development company that was founded in July 2014 by a group of hardened industry veterans. Our studio is located in Zagreb, Croatia. We aim to create games that we ourselves love to play. Currently we are working on the new game RAID: World War II together with our friends over at Starbreeze studios.
RAID: World War II is an action-packed, four player co-op shooter game that lets players team up as the Raid crew and venture through the epic events of World War II. For more information, please visit ( www.liongamelion.com ).