As a Lead Pipeline Programmer you will be the leader of a content pipeline team, and its point of contact with the other teams. You can mentor and provide guidance to any member of your team, be it about graphics, data models, algorithms, math, SDK integration; and relay them to game programmers and technical artist, ensuring good communication within and between cooperating teams, and ensure proper follow-up.
You are going to work in a team that is in the process of developing a new engine that will set the base for all future developments in the company. The position is located in Paris, remotely reporting to Software Architect (California). The team engineers are in Paris, one tech artist in Paris and more tech artists worldwide. Communication will be in English. Engine development and pipeline users are at various locations such as Stockholm, Paris and Los Angeles. Occasional travel will be necessary. Most of the communication will be in English. Engine development and pipeline users are at various locations such as Stockholm, Paris and Los Angeles. Some travel will be necessary.
- You are responsible for delivering a great artist experience together with the content pipeline team
- Write requirements and specifications for Content pipeline tools and formats. Understand and create best practices
- Evaluate middleware integration in content pipeline. Productivity, asset quality, and compatibility with asset pipeline architecture are very important criteria
- Manage communications and provide feedback to technical artists and programmers
- Work with Architect to propose and validate content pipeline developments
- Profiling and debugging tools, engine, and game
- You know how to balance functional and technical requirements in areas of performance and stability
- Help with tools programming whenever the need is required
- Quality assure game content and pipeline tools, working with a continuous integration system such as Jenkins
- Manage communication with other departments. Manage tasks, bugs and priorities of the Content Pipeline team
You have at least 3 years prior experience working as a content pipeline programmer and a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or relevant work experience. You have experience with authoring tool plugin development including: Maya, Photoshop. Your interest lies in communication, production and programming and you possess excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written. You also have excellent knowledge in game development, analyzing, and debugging.
To be successful in this position you have:
- Very familiar with AAA game content (skinned models, skeletons, physics, animations, shaders)
- Good leadership qualities, such as organized, strategic, and thoughtful in all interactions with the team
- Do not suffer from NIH syndrome and instead follow specifications and contribute to open standards such as COLLADA.
- Excellent C++ skills
- Ability to lead team, communicate well, being proactive and self-driven
- Must have an expert understanding of production and be able to problem-solve, schedule, communicate and monitor tasks
- Great with time estimations, assessments and prioritizing
- Knowledge of data formats such as COLLADA, MA, FBX, PSD, DDS, PNG
- Knowledge of middleware integration in content pipeline and engine (such as Substance, Simplygon, PhysX, ..)
- Familiar with contributing to github projects (public and private)
Still reading? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the entertainment industry.
Sounds good? Then we can't wait to see your CV and meet you.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resume, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resume and personal letter to be considered.