Starbreeze Is seeking a an experienced technical writer to be part of our new SDK team in Paris, France. You will be part of a team that builds and maintain components that are used by all our games and VR experiences. Our mission is to let the game teams focus on their games, by providing them with ready-to-use components to communicate with our back-end systems, social networking, in-app purchases, game state persistence, and so on.
You will be writing that plan, develop, deliver, and maintain high-quality internal documentation for our products and services. Mostly APIs and SDKs. An example project could be to sit with a developer or architect in one or more brain-dump sessions, in order to turn the notes into documentation. You will also work on the information design and usability of our documentation to help enforce a uniform company writing style, common layouts, and templates.
- Understanding our products and services.
- Interview developers or read through technical specifications and notes to translate potentially complex concepts into easy-to-understand documentation.
- Understanding the audience to make sure the documentation meets their needs.
- Develop and deliver great documentation within agreed time schedules.
- Understand the impact of your team and its decisions on the organization and together with your producer, and our technical writer prioritize and make documentation plan accordingly.
- Continuously refine how we author, publish, maintain, and deliver technical documentation.
- Administrative ownership of Starbreeze Luxemburgs intellectual property
You have vast experience in producing documentation for both technical and business audiences in English. You thrive on making complex things clear, and you are a communicator above all. You have experience from administration and often hear that you work in a structured way and are on top of your work.
To be successful in this position you:
- Find it easy and natural to communicate with people, both in person and electronically
- Have a outstanding ability to understand complex technical topics and articulate them clearly and simply
- Are able to work under pressure, juggle multiple requests, use own initiative and motivation to meet deadlines and set priorities without close supervision
- Have a clear oral communication skills; must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns, and opinions directly to wider team in team meetings via teleconference
- Have attention to detail and accuracy are essential; must be pro-active, enthusiastic, flexible, and results driven
- Have written code in the past
Still reading? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games and VR experiences kick-ass within the entertainment industry.
Sounds good? Then we can't wait to see your resume/CV and meet you.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resume, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resume and personal letter to be considered.