This is a Field Application Engineer position located in Los Angeles, serving as technical export to game developers that are creating titles for StarVR system.. Do you have experience and passion in this area of expertise? Then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for a FAE Engineer (VR Game specialist) to join our kick-ass team in Los Angeles, CA.
As an FAE in Starbreeze you will take over integration of StarVR SKD in VR experiences made with third party engines (such as Unreal Engine), or in-house engine Valhalla. . You will be responsible for integrating, testing and providing feedback to VR SDK design lead. The position will involve occasional travels to game developer sites, although most integration to be done in LA VR center.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Extend user experience to premium level by integrating our VR devices (HMD, tracking), as well as our Mixed Reality devices (guns, dashboards, controllers)
- Provide technical support for VR SDK to game developers
- Maintain and update internally developed VR experiences
- Help external developers to integrate VR SDK and VR features in general
- Write best practice and know-how to technical documents.
You have at least 3 years of programming experience on commercial software projects and a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or relevant work experience. Preferably you have prior experience working as a FAE Engineer on at least one post production. You have experience with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles. You must be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you have:
- Experience with doing game development with in house or thrid party engine
- Experience working with natively extending game engine.
- Expert knowledge of C++ especially C++11 language features
- Knowledge in GPU programming
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
- Comfortable with git, and familiar with other version control systems
Still reading? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the entertainment industry.
Sounds good? Then we can't wait to see your CV and meet you.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resume, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resume and personal letter to be considered.