Programing Digital Content Creation is like making a magic wand for a spellcaster. You make the tools that makes the magic possible. There is no visual effects that did not start with a piece of code that tweaks reality, or at least the image we have of it. Designing efficient DCC tools or plugins requires to also have an artist feeling and being able to do some sort of content creation yourself. And eventually, one need to exchange data with the from the computer to video devices world and this is the domain of Video I/O Decks.
Do you recognize your area of expertise ? Then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for a Software Engineer for VR Video and DCC Tools to join our kick-ass team in Paris, France. You will be working with the leading VR studios and DCC tools creators.
As an Software Engineer in Starbreeze, you will work in a collaborative and creative work environment and look to push the boundaries of cutting edge hardware. Research, develop, implement, and debug high-end techniques applicable to large-scale environments will be part of your daily work.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Development and maintenance of StarVR movie player application using the StarVR SDK
- Integration of VR movie player feature with game engines - third party and in-house
- Interface with content creation hardware and software products
- Develop StarVR plug-ins for video tools such as Nuke, Adobe Creative Suite / Creative cloud
- Interface with Digital IO hardware like AJA, BlackMagic, Matrox
- Manage relationships with creation tools, and Hardware and Software
- Manager testing via alpha and beta users, with studios and VFX houses
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
You have at least 3 years of programming experience on commercial software projects and a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or relevant work experience. Preferably you have prior experience working as a programmer on at least one post production or DCC suite. You have experience with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles. You must be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you have:
- Expert knowledge in video playback and encoding technology
- Previous experience in streaming video inside of a game / game engine
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Expert knowledge of C++ especially C++11 language features
- Knowledge in GPU programming, OpenGL, OpenCL, CUDA
- Experience with writing plug-ins for video production tools
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
- Comfortable with git, and familiar with other version control systems
Still reading? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can't wait to see your CV and meet you.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resume, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resume and personal letter to be considered.