Let's be honest, making games are hard and programming an engine is even harder. It's a collision of art and technology that's about as predictable as a tornado. There's no secret formula, no foolproof blueprint, only passion and hard work. Do you recognize yourself? Then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for a VR Technical Artist to join our kick-ass team in Los Angeles, CA.
As an VR Technical Artist in Starbreeze working in pair with the VR game programmer, you will work in a collaborative and creative work environment and look to push the boundaries of cutting edge hardware. Research, develop, implement, and debug high-end techniques applicable to large-scale environments will be part of your daily work.
- Enhance VR experiences to the premium level by improving the assets to the quality only possible with StarVR systems (higher resolution, higher field of view)
- Work and educate VR content creation studios
- Work with various game engines and DCC tools
- Understand and follow requirements, innovate and inspire
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- May have to work at the content creation partners office, so occasional travel will be required.
You have at least 3 years of programming experience on similar commercial software projects .A degree in Computer Science, or related discipline is requested, however experience working on wide range of projects, both in terms of art tools and game hardware, is the most important requirement for the role.. You have experience with extending DCC tool such as Maya. You know a lot of tools and middleware and when yo use them. You must be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you have:
- be able to show technical proficiency in areas such as lighting and rendering, texturing, and graphics-related programming languages such as shaders
- have extensive knowledge of art packages ranging from modelling to texturing and special effects
- be able to customise art packages
- Good knowledge of Game engine tools such as Unreal and Unity engine.
- be able to work well as part of a team
- have good communication and people management skills, in order to train and mentor others
- be able to work with minimum supervision
- have excellent organisational skills
- be able to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
- be highly skilled in the use of 3D graphics software
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
- Comfortable with git, and familiar with other version control systems
Still reading? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can't wait to see your CV and meet you.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resume, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resume and personal letter to be considered.