In love with IT? Driven, eager to help others and always doing it with a smile? Take the chance to become Starbreeze's IT-specialist, a greatly diverse position which can grow over time with the right candidate.
As a IT Specialist you work with a wide variety of assignments and collaborate with multiple parts of the world wide operations. Your primary day-to-day focus will be making sure the local IT environment in the LA offices are running smoothly and without a hitch. While the setup is a straightforward solution, the impact on the production teams should anything fail is major. This role is for someone with outstanding customer service skills as our employees have great varying degrees of general it-related knowledge but are heavily dependant on IT as their main tool for production. All employees are your customer.
From a technical perspective, we're looking for someone not unfamiliar with the basics around a server room and can configure switches, firewalls and local NAS storage solutions. You are very hands-on and focused on maintaining a secure environment and take pride in a well organized and documented IT-environment. Candidate should be able to craft solutions on-the-fly that can meet budgetary and time constraints.
The Key Areas of responsibility are:
As an IT-specialist, your work will include a variety of tasks. Your key responsibility is to make sure that the IT environment at the Los Angeles Office's are running smoothly. Your service skills are top notch and you see every colleague as a customer. You take pride in the fact that the environment is well organized and documented. When new challenges face you, you can easily come up with a solution that meet budgetary and time constraints.
For example, you will:
- Become the primary contact for any software, desktop or peripheral-related troubleshooting
- Administer and use Windows, OS X, and Linux systems and servers
- Ensure that IT-systems always delivers, including license servers, NAS-solutions, AWS, and 3rd-party software integrations
- Maintain a healthy office IT- and peripheral-environment including accessories and conference rooms
- Build a new PC from scratch, maintaining the existing ones and otherwise investing in the most cost effective solution available. Taking care of console devkits, maintenance and administration.
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and backup procedures and information security and control structures
- Manage purchasing for IT-related items
- Manage the local software licensing and ensure all users are compliant and assisting with installations
- Run diagnostic tools to resolve LAN, WAN, and other networking system issues
- Coordinate with external suppliers
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Work closely together with the Global IT-team
- Support of applications (proprietary or otherwise) is desired
- Manage and maintain inventory and surplus of hardware
- Other duties may be assigned according to technology changes and workflow changes
This position suits you who have a general interest for IT and are ready for a wide range of responsibilities.
You have a minimum of 2-5 years of working experience. Furthermore you have experience from maintaining a server room, servicing PC's and hardware and your ability to use a variety of open source technologies is good. Your communication skills in English are excellent since this is the working language and you are used to conveying technical information to non-technical users.
To be successful in this position you are:
- Outstanding in your service mindedness and work ethics
- Very aware of the need for discretion when working with IT in a public company.
- Natural interest for gadgets and the tech industry is a given as well as curiosity for finding the next cool thing, ready with a plan on how to apply it in the organization.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- As a person, you are communicative and you love working with people and helping them with their problems.
- You understand that every colleague have a unique understanding for IT and you always strive to assist.
- You are good at prioritizing, organizing, and performing multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- It will be considered an additional qualification if you have experience in Google Apps or Github as well as experience from writing scripts using Bash, Ruby or Node.js
Still reading? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the entertainment industry.
Sounds good? Then we can't wait to see your CV and meet you.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resume and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resume and personal letter to be considered.