Are you a senior software engineer with significant experience in SDK and framework development and a passion for virtual reality technology? If so, we are looking for someone like you to architect and lead up development of the core tech for StarVR software stack and application platform.
This role requires someone who is experienced with modular software architecture and SDK and API development with a history of delivering high quality, highly performing products. Ideally you will also be a gamer or game developer yourself who enjoys VR games and understands the market. You should be familiar with VR application development such as Occulus VR, Steam VR, OpenVR, OSVR. You should also be familiar with game engine integration of such VR SDKs, as well as hardware specific features such as nVidia VRworks and AMD Liquid VR. You also should be familiar with the various positional tracking solutions as used in VR.
The primary responsibility of the team lead is to drive the SDK & Tools development team to produce deliverables within the agreed upon scope and schedule by the management team. Field application engineers, both in Paris and L.A. are part of the team and the lead responsibility is to ensure they have the right SDK & Tools to successfully integrate StarVR with many games. The lead will participate in release planning, scheduling, and assigning individual developers in the respective team. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to their assigned development team
- Lead the architecture and design effort for the SDK and Tools product
- Work hand-in-hand with the key stakeholders and developers using the SDK
- Support overall engineering and architecture effort of the SDK & Tools group
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues
- Act as a mentor and subject matter expert within the company and developer community
- Review individual developer's code in the team to ensure highest code quality in the SDK & Tools
You have 8 to 10 years of proficient experience working on software products. You have experience leading engineering teams from concept to ship in agile environment and an extensive experience with API design and SDK architecture. Preferably you have a BA/BS degree and you possess excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
To be successful in this position you are:
- Extensive experience and passion for VR SDK and technology
- Experience with DirectX and/or OpenGL - Experience with Vulkan Drivers is nice-to-have
- Professional level C++ in a production environment
- Experience with Game Engines source code programming required
- Familiar with continuous integration and modern source control systems (pull requests…)
- Strong functional and automated testing, test strategy and planning and development experience.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
Still reading? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can't wait to see your CV and meet you.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resume, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resume and personal letter to be considered.