What would games of action and horror be without fire, explosions and blood splattering everywhere? If you think they would be awful, then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for a VFX Artist to join our award-winning team in Stockholm.
As a VFX Artist you will produce the real-time effects that give our games and cinematics such life and vibrancy. Your strong technical artistry will see you producing cutting-edge, high quality VFX, while also working within the limitations of real-time engines. You will collaborate with the internal art, animation and sound team and you report to the Lead Artist.
- Create Visual FX across all areas of the game ranging from environmental, gameplay, weapons, character and vehicles
- Being able to follow references, concepts, art direction and yet being able to take the work further independently
- Collaborate with Art and Engineering teams, offering creative and efficient solutions to help solve performance related issues
- Work closely with the team to ensure the art quality are consistent and cohesiveness
You have at least 2 years experience as a VFX artist within the games industry or equivalent. You understand real-time graphics and have preferably worked on at least one released title.You have a proven and strong interest in the technical creation of VFX for games and cinematics, and are a hands-on person with good communication skills. You will be fluent in English both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you have:
- Strong artistic skill set, including a good understanding of animation, lighting, and post FX
- Ability to work in a team. You must communicate well, be proactive and self-driven
- Proficient with Maya, Houdini, Photoshop and either Unity or Unreal equivalent game engine
- Great with time estimations, assessments and prioritizing
- Your portfolio must be provided through a website
Still reading? Great, because here comes the good part:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can't wait to see your resume and meet you!
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resume, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resume and personal letter to be considered.