Looking to bring senior animation to the re-animated? Then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for talented Senior Animators to join our award-winning team in Stockholm.
As an Senior Animator at Starbreeze, you will be responsible for creating solid animations, both in-game and in cinematics. You play a crucial role when it comes to tying together gameplay, storytelling and character movement. You will be responsible for pitching ideas and creating prototypes, and might even be part of directing the actors and stuntmen during motion capture sessions. Ultimately, you will bring polish to the final stage, and bring life-like (and un-life-like, of course) animations into the game.
- Collaborate with the Animation Lead with respect to Art, Engineering and Design teams to define the animation style, produce pre-visualizations and present concept ideas to the team
- Create the animations for both in-game behavior as well as predefined sequences (or cut scenes)
- Understand and have worked with game-required techniques such as blending, tagging, state machine transitions, animation blending trees, compression, etc.
- Create compelling character performances, utilizing both key framed and motion capture techniques, to compliment the game design and promote the artistic vision of the game as a whole
- Work with the Producers, Department Leads and Animation team to establish methods to improve the production pipeline, tools and systems that will benefit the integrity of the animations for the studio
- Assist in troubleshooting animation and technical issues
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns in a timely manner to the Production team to ensure project goals are met and delivered to the highest level
- Expected to give advice and mentor entry level Animators
You have at least 5 years experience working with animations in the game industry with at least two shipped AAA title. You are an experienced Maya and possibly Motion Builder user and have an expert understanding of all animation principles. Experience and knowledge of the Unreal game engine is an advantage. We also consider storyboarding skills, a love for zombies/The Walking Dead franchise and a strong interest in working on Virtual Reality experiences as strong positives. You must be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you have:
- A strong understanding of quick and efficient iteration techniques that respect the gameplay requirements but also display the highest quality possible
- The ability to work well with other animators, leads and directors
- Superior artistic interpretation skills
- Excellent communication skills that allow to work efficiently with other disciplines and departments
- Contribute and be part of a highly creative team, giving and receiving feedback
- General understanding of game asset creation pipelines and ability to learn and master new tools, processes and pipelines
- Proficiencies in MotionBuilder and Maya
- Familiarity and excitement for games and game development
- A Reel demonstrating solid in-game, as well as cinematic animations, illustrating a clear understanding of the various animation principles
- An absolute passion for videogames and animation.
Still reading? Great, because here comes the good part:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can't wait to see your resume and meet you!
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resume, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resume and personal letter to be considered.