As a System Designer you will be assigned to design parts of the core mechanics of the game, tracking them through development to deliver the highest level of quality, while always keeping a clear picture of how they fit in the larger vision of the game and following the boundaries set by the lead designer and the producers.
You will create detailed feature designs and gameplay mechanics. Maintaining fun and balanced systems, giving direction as well as taking it from the leads and producers, diving into the tools to hand-craft a unique game experience, tweaking AI behavior, setting up main character classes, skills, etc.
You will also engage in constant inter-disciplinary collaborations with other departments, to ensure all aspects of the features you are assigned to, follow the standards established in collaboration with the team.
- Work directly with the lead designer and producers to help deliver mechanics that follow the creative vision for the game
- Understand market needs and ensure that design elements developed will contribute to create a high quality and highly satisfactory product for players
- Be an expert on gaming trends and understand audience expectations
- Design fun and immersive gameplay mechanics, features and systems
- Write thorough and complete feature documentations
- Communicate designs clearly to other team members
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Transition to a hands-on tweaking and tuning role late in the project to deliver the best possible game
- Understand dependencies between own work and that of others across all areas and disciplines and adapt accordingly
- Be the go-to implementer for the features assigned
- Work closely with the product owner, analytics and balancing field
- Support other game designers by sharing knowledge and best practices
You have at least 2 years' experience in the game industry as Game Designer, preferably a diploma in Game Design and production and at least 1 shipped “AAA” titles. You communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing. You have a passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on FPS and competitive games.
You are proactive in communication processes, and solving problems updating regularly all teammates involved and the stakeholders. Hence is crucial to have excellent communication skills in written, visual, verbal forms, and the ability to take constructive criticism while explaining the agreed designs.
To be successful in this position you have:
- Excellent knowledge of game design rules (gameplay, learning curve, creating emotion, difficulty balancing, rhythm, reward)
- Excellent ability to organize, follow, control, schedule and structure his/her work
- Excellent written and verbal communication and documentation skills at all levels
- Excellent knowledge of documentation and balancing tools (Microsoft Office, SVN…)
- Excellent knowledge of FPS in particular, current technology and tools, design concepts and game balancing
- Ability to think logically with a strong level of attention to detail
- Solution oriented, strong analytical skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Creativity, critical and analytical sense, structure and rigor
- Good knowledge of level design rules is a plus
- Willingness to have an open mind, adapt to feedbacks and iterative processes
- Working knowledge of 2D tools to create visuals support (Photoshop, Illustrator…)
- 3D Level editor experience (Unreal, Source, Unity…)
We're looking for a team player, able to listen to feedback and integrate it into own work, who values the best ideas, no matter of where they come from, but understands the boundaries set by leads and production.
Still reading? Great, because here comes the good part:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can't wait to see your CV and meet you.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resume, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resume and personal letter to be considered.