Starbreeze is now looking for a Lead Artist to join our award-winning team in Stockholm.
As the outstanding communicator and organizer you are you will as the lead artist be responsible for managing art production, supervising art teams and reviewing all art content production towards AAA delivery. You will be an accomplished production-focused artist with a proven track record in the game industry and an excellent creative and technical ability. To accomplish this you will work closely with Art Director, Art Manager and Producers to meet deadlines and product vision.
- Help the team technically and artistically to carry out the art director's vision
- Work closely with outsorcing managers and level designers to ensure that the worlds the artists build not only look good, but also are functional game play spaces
- Ensure that art assets are delivered according to the product requirements
- Support the development of employees in the team
- Manage employees' skills, and continue to develop processes, methods, and workflows
You have at least 5 years in the industry and a strong knowledge of the latest tools in game creation process (Substance, QUIXEL, Zbrush etc). You have the ability to lead teams and communicate fluently and efficiently with other departments. You communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you
- Strong knowledge in Maya (or similar) and Photoshop
- Strong Knowledge in PBR shading
- Superb knowledge in normal map creation/baking process
- Deep understanding of Game Engines and dedicated platforms budget requirements
- Be able to inspire and motivate a large team of creative talent
- Have excellent communication skills, including tact and diplomacy
- Have conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Your portfolio must be provided through a website
Still reading? Great , because here comes the good part:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can't wait to see your CV and meet you.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resume, portfolio and a personal letter in English.