Are you passionate about gaming, have a proven ability to create gameplay experiences and thrive to make the level design top notch? Then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for a Senior Level Designer to join our award-winning team in Stockholm.
As Senior Level Designer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the levels of the game, from concept through implementation to a shippable completion. You will collaborate with the Producers and the Lead Level Designer to ensure the overall vision of the project is properly implemented in the game levels. You will be involved in all steps of the level production; from initial layout and prototyping to final gameplay implementation and optimization.
- Act as a link between Leads and junior Level Designers to ensure seamless workflows
- Work within the standards set for all level asset creation within the production pipeline
- Collaborate and communicate with the Level Design team and other disciplines to maintain high quality levels
- Contribute in meetings dealing with technical issues or tools related to all Design aspects
- Attend and/or lead level design specific discussions regarding design reviews and identify potential issues
- Maintain and prioritize backlogs and polish lists for owned areas of the game
You have at least 5 years experience in the game industry with at least 3 years in a Level Design role and have at least 1 shipped “AAA” title. You have a proven record of designing in game elements. Excellent knowledge of 3D modeling software, 3D editors, processes and 2D tools to create 2D maps. You are open-minded, adapt to feedback and understand iterative processes.Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you have a:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, documentation skills and the ability to convey abstract concepts
- Logical approach with a strong level of attention to detail
- Professional communication and interaction with other members of the game production team (both internally and externally) while still keeping the overall vision of the game in mind
- Creative, critical and analytical approach to your work
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Passion for gaming
Still reading? Great, because here comes the good part:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can't wait to see your resume and meet you!
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resume, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resume and personal letter to be considered.