In your role as Game Economy Designer your responsibility is to understand how a game works as a service for its customers and how the customers behave in it. To do so, you will lead the design efforts in collaboration with the Producers and team Leads to define the game economy of the project with a constantly evolving live game service.
You will be identifying and developing the purchase drivers in the game economy context, and providing constant data-driven recommendations on design, tuning and pricing in order to improve game financial performance. Pre-release, you will be designing the virtual products a game will offer, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact in a given title, and work closely with the development team to see those designs refined and metrics implemented. Post-launch, you will analyze the collected data and report which are the performing/underperforming aspects of the game economic model and why, providing solutions to the development team.
- Create, implement and maintain the game's economy and other complex systems that shape player progression and experience.
- Define the virtual product and their statistics with the development team
- Define the relations and interdependencies of these products/statistics and how they affect the game progression
- Create and maintain an economy model that stimulate different player behaviors in short, medium and long term
- Balance the needs for those virtual products, their relation, life cycle, streams of availability
- Manage pricing as to create specific price point roles, implement selling strategies for higher price points.
- Regularly provide user feedback and stat/price point tuning to development team based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release
- Analyze the evolution of the metrics you defined to spot both monetization bottlenecks and facilitators, then report suggestions for the game design or strategy accordingly
You have a bachelor degree in Economics, Business Management or Business Administration, preferably specialized in Marketing, Market Research or Strategic direction. You have excellent written and verbal communication and documentation skill. You are a master of Excel and communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing. You have a passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on FPS and competitive games. It is seen as a plus if you have previous experience as game designer, social designer or gambling designer and/or in community managing, marketing or product manager.
To be successful in this position you have:
- Strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design, understanding how to tailor your models and calculations to the needs of both existing and new game features
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them.
- Strong econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data.
- Strong marketing knowledge, able to formulate adequate selling strategies to improve the financial performance.
- Statistics knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design.
- Understanding of client/server architecture and data collecting pipeline and mining.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- A collaborative approach to problem solving, able to understand well the problem at hand and to communicate effectively the results of your analysis Previous experience in econometrics / data mining
- Curiosity and consistent drive for keeping up on the latest trends in F2P mobile games
Still reading? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can't wait to see your CV and meet you.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resume, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resume and personal letter to be considered.