When the world is going to hell, you want it to look like it's been there, got chewed up and was spat back out, right? If you do, then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for a Environment Artist to join our kick-ass team in Stockholm.
As an Environment Artist you will enjoy artistic ownership of gameplay levels, pushing your aesthetic and technical skills to the fullest. Your interest lies foremost with creating realistic worlds, exteriors and interiors, as well as nature. You thrive in an environment where you continually use your ability to multi-task and communicate with colleagues within several different disciplines.
- Modeling, texturing and creating collision
- Implementation of environmental assets
- Being able to follow references, concepts, and art direction, while also having the initiative to take the work further independently
- Responsibility for the full scope of the level environment. Participate and communicate with peers, managers and vendors
- Work closely with the team to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive
You have at least 3 years experience working as a 3D artist within the games industry or equivalent. You have an understanding of real-time graphics and have preferably worked on at least one released title. You have a proven and strong artistic skill set, a good sense of scale and proportions, materials and color/light and are a hands-on person with good communication skills. You will be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you have:
- Excellent experience in Maya, Photoshop and Z-Brush
- Experience / knowledge of Substance is a plus
- Experience with PBR is a plus
- An ability to work in a team, communicate well and being proactive
- Thorough understanding of architecture and nature
- Great with time estimations, assessments and prioritizing
- Your portfolio must be provided through a website
Still reading? Great, because here comes the good part:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can't wait to see your resume and meet you!
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resume, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resume and personal letter to be considered.