About Big Fish
Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
About the Role
Big Fish is looking to hire a highly talented Sr, Art Manager/Art Director (depending on experience) to lead, mentor, and manage a team of designers to support the demands of a growing portfolio of mobile F2P game titles.
The ongoing acquisition of new players is an integral part of Big Fish's success and this strategic role will oversee and drive all design aspects for these marketing initiatives. This design team is responsible for creating all the assets/banners/videos for our outbound mobile UA marketing campaigns. Moreover, this person will help an internal studio with their game branding projects (emails, logo development, and cross sell ads).
The ideal candidate is an experienced people manager of a Creative Team (10+ people, preferred) and can raise the bar in one or more of these disciplines: illustration, motion graphics, or design. This person will report to the VP of User Acquisition.
- Lead a team of marketing designers, illustrators, and motion artists from project ideation and conceptual development to delivery
- Coach, mentor, and provide career path guidance to the team
- Develop concepts and positioning for user acquisition campaigns across multiple games (including existing game art work along with new creative ideas)
- Drive the creative brainstorm sessions to guide the conversion of creative ideas into effective art and copy
- Direct and assign workflow while supervising and implementing design process
- Incorporate marketing data to help drive ongoing art direction and creative process
- Partner closely with Media Buying team to achieve user growth goals
- Creatively support the lifecycle of a game from soft launch to worldwide launch
- Manage team leads and/or individual contributors including performance tracking with ongoing training, development of direct reports
- Provide necessary artistic/vision guidance with thorough documentation and frequent feedback to team
- Oversee the delivery of tasks from design team members and be accountable for the quality of final handoff and meeting deadlines
- Communicate high level business and process directives to team with direction from VP of User Acquisition
Skills, experience and educational requirements:
- Robust experience with marketing/advertising design is required (F2P game industry a plus)
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a lead artist, designer, or art director
- Minimum 5+ years of Creative people management (experience managing 10+ people sized teams are preferred) [Approximately 40% of this role is devoted to managerial responsibilities.]
- BFA or equivalent
- Highly proficient in fine art, illustration, and animation fundamentals
- Highly proficient In latest version of Adobe Creative Suite essentially Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator and Premiere Pro
- Experience in motion graphic design, 3D skills a plus
- Advanced use of tools like Confluence and Jira, SVN, Workfront
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Able to prioritize work flow for team, experience with juggling multiple clients and projects
- Comfortable presenting to senior management
- Drive to consistently improve as an artist and mentor
- Creative, flexible, collaborative and innovative
- Ability to work in a variety of styles with team of varying skillsets and experience levels
- Strong specialization managing multiple art disciplines
- Able to inspire and motivate others through projects and in day to-day work
- Able to communicate to all levels of leadership across disciplines
- Level-headed, logical and 100% reliable
- Continually looks for ways to improve oneself by building and maintaining technical strength in areas essential for superior job
Benefits and Perks!
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow, with just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office. Located in Lower Queen Anne, our corporate offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound waterside, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots.
Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliot Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for two and four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
On top of all this, we’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!