Do you get goosebumps when you think about next gen consoles? And do you love games? Then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for a Console Engineer to join our kick-ass team in Stockholm.
As a Console Engineer your main responsibilities will be to update, optimize and maintain cross platform code for payday2 and more AAA titles on ps4 and xb1. We're looking for self-motivated individuals that are quick learners and highly adaptable to a variety of work environments.
- Keep up to date with the latest updates for consoles as well as plan ahead according to future changes;
- Become familiar with a legacy codebase and become the maintainer of games using that codebase, fix bugs and add new features;
- Work with QA to make sure existing features continue to work and new features work as expected;
- Suggest and implement improvements to make the code more maintainable and portable, and to make it easier to add content in the future.
- You have at least 5 years of programming experience in the game industry, primarily C++, with at least one shipped console title under your belt. Experience with Playstation 4 and Xbox One is a must and you have at least 2 years of professional console programming experience. You are highly motivated and willing to take initiative to get things done. Extensive networking experience is a big plus. You must be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you have:
- You are able to quickly understand a complex codebase; you can figure out how the pieces fit together and how to make changes that fit into existing systems.
- You understand the basics of multiplayer network programming and have worked with matchmaking/lobby APIs.
- You have an excellent eye for detail and a high standard of quality.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of low-level optimization techniques and experience of network architecture.
Still reading? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the entertainment industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and meet you.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and personal letter to be considered.