Eidos-Montréal represents the continuing evolution of an extraordinary enterprise. We remain true to our founding ethos: to assert ourselves as a studio the most talented developers and testers from all over the world want to call home. Nearing its fifth anniversary, the studio continues to progress with an ever-expanding community of diverse and talented individuals and with the advent of a third exciting project.
Our studio is all about the talented people who work here, and in recognition we have tried to create an exceptional environment to allow free thinking and creativity to flourish!
- Develop and maintain features in the game engine (e.g. source/asset control system, asset authoring tools, engine/editor communication system, API for the on-demand loading system, unit tests framework and toolset for code/assets, game asset packing, error input system, improvements to the interface;
- Develop and maintain production tools;
- Design and implement the graphical user interface;
- Provide management and coaching for the Tools Programming team;
- Analyze the strengths and improvement points of the engine;
- Work in collaboration with other Leads in order to determine the technological needs of the project while coping with the project constraints;
- Manage and maintain a task planning system aimed at reaching the milestones of the project;
- Evaluate and distribute tasks in the Tools Programming team based on the individual strengths and expertise of each team member;
- Participate in the interview process for the Tools Programming team;
- Participate in the performance review process for the Tools Programming team.
Experience and qualifications
- University diploma in programming, computer engineering, software engineering or the equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Programming in videogames, at least one year as a Lead Programmer
- Knowledge of technological constraints on various platforms
- Experience in planning and managing project
- Strong skills in OOD;
- Experience in cross platform development;
- Experience in optimization;
- Experience with consoles, an asset;
- Excellent proficiency with C, C++, C#, .Net (Windows Forms & WPF);
- Experience with plugins/scripting 3dsmax/Maya is a major asset;
- Ability to organize and manage the work of other programmers;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- A desire to push back the boundaries of video game technology is required;
- Maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Motivation and interests
Ambition and passion for video games are essential!