Eidos-Montréal represents the continuing evolution of an extraordinary enterprise. We remain true to our founding ethos: to assert ourselves as a studio the most talented developers and testers from all over the world want to call home. Nearing its fifth anniversary, the studio continues to progress with an ever-expanding community of diverse and talented individuals and with the advent of a third exciting project.
Our studio is all about the talented people who work here, and in recognition we have tried to create an exceptional environment to allow free thinking and creativity to flourish!
- Develop software in C++ by applying the principles of object-oriented coding;
- Work with the Game design and Animation teams to establish the technical design and to implement an AI system that makes the non-user players alive and that offers a varied and fun playability;
- Propose and develop new methods and technics to improve the quality of the AI in accordance to the game development in order to go beyond the competition;
- Analyze and estimate development times, costs, and needs as the impacts of the proposed functions;
- Supervise and coach the Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) team;
- Work in collaboration with the other Leads to determine which are the technological priorities of the project according to the existing delays and constraints;
- Establish and maintain a follow-up of the game levels development tasks and of the «Gameplay», and execute a plan in order to respect the required deadlines;
- Evaluate and distribute the tasks of the AI team, based on the strengths and skills of the team members;
- Participate in the interview process for the AI team members;
- Participate to the evaluation of the AI team members.
Experience and Qualifications
- University diploma in programming, computer engineering, software engineering or the equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in video games – at least 1 year as Lead AI Programmer
- Excellent knowledge of technological constraints on different game platforms
- Experience in project management and planning
- Excellent C++ knowledge
- Strong OOD skills
- Cross platform development an asset
- Ability to organize and manage the work of other programmers
- Ability to work as part of a team
- The desire to push the barriers of video game technology is required
- Maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Motivation and interests
Ambition and passion for video games are essential!