Eidos-Montréal represents the continuing evolution of an extraordinary enterprise. We remain true to our founding ethos: to assert ourselves as a studio the most talented developers and testers from all over the world want to call home. Nearing its fifth anniversary, the studio continues to progress with an ever-expanding community of diverse and talented individuals and with the advent of a third exciting project.
Our studio is all about the talented people who work here, and in recognition we have tried to create an exceptional environment to allow free thinking and creativity to flourish!
Title:IT Operations Manager
Reporting To:Montreal IT Director & Head of IT Operations
Job Scope:Reporting to the Montreal IT Director and the Head of IT Operations, the IT Operations Manager will ensure the timely advancement of IT tasks, ensure IT services satisfy production objectives, effectively manages the development of team members and ensures that staff remain firmly committed and highly motivated. The incumbent will closely collaborate with the Technical IT Leadership group to recommend, and once approved, ensure implementation, and the support of cost-effective solutions for the organization. The work entails maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure and service delivery.
The IT Operations Manager will be expected to attentively manage relationships with mid-level management with a focus on Production (Game Development) departments.
- Lead and mentor managers and team members; provide direction through development plans and performance evaluations, monitor workload, oversee projects and assign responsibilities in support of the vision, goals and objectives of the organization
- Relationship Management (with particular focus on the game production leadership group)
- Conflict Resolution
- Work closely with IT Management to negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services
- Manage IT procurement, acquisition & deployment processes for studio initiatives in alignment with fiscal budgets
- Contribute to the annual budget planning process by collecting, providing information and input to the IT Director & Head of IT
- Practice IT asset management, and maintain hardware & software warranty/license renewal schedules/documentation, including regular audits of fixed asset inventory and related systems
Planning and Service Improvement
- Following IT standards and processes, participate in the design and development of short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements at the studio level
- Ensures that existing Incident, change and problem management processes are followed
- Assess studio requirements at a technical level and translate these back into the technical leadership team to influence service design change
- Service Improvement in collaboration with the IT Service Desk Manager/Supervisor
- Benchmarks, analyzes, reports on, and makes recommendations for the improvement of service delivery
- Improve integration and knowledge sharing between technical teams and service delivery teams
- Work closely with IT Process owners to develop consistent, enterprise approach to ITSM processes
- Participate and provide recommendations to the IT Leadership Team in the development of IT strategies
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Regularly present strategies, plans and progress on initiatives to the IT Leadership Team
- Analyze performance of activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures working closely with MTL IT leads.
- Develop and implement functional policies and procedures, including those established and enforced to support service levels targets in consultation with studio stakeholders in order to ensure optimum problem resolution
- Develop and implement appropriate maintenance windows to support predictable service delivery
- Oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, network equipment, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals to ensure delivery of expected results
- Provide weekly reports to the Montreal IT Director and the Head of IT Operations
Experience and qualifications
- A University degree in the field of computer science, information science, or related field (DEC also acceptable)
- 5-10 years equivalent work experience
- Experience in ITSM improvement projects using industry frameworks (such as ITIL) for a large enterprise
- Experience in leading major IT projects
- 5 years’ experience managing and delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence
- Knowledge of current networking protocols and standards
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting hardware
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments
- Excellent communicator
- Collaboration (Team Player, Client relations)
- Highly motivated individual
- Adaptability (capacity to adapt to a constantly evolving environment)
- Bilingual (written and communication) in both French and English.
- Willing to work outside of the standard business hours
- Availability to travel (development offices and conferences)
Motivation and Interests
Passion for videogames is essential!