A Thinking Ape is a growing independent mobile games startup with big ambitions. Our years of success comes down to our belief in people: Both our staff and our players. We build games that foster communities and provide our players with tools to interact in deeply strategic and passionate ways, creating games that become a part of our player’s lives. However, building games of this quality is challenging, so we work hard to find the smartest and most talented people in the world, then give them the freedom to do their best work.
A Thinking Ape is looking for a Customer Support Analyst for a full-time, permanent position in our Vancouver office.
You will provide customer service support to the players of our top-selling iPhone and Android MMORPG games. Ideally, you are looking to work in a startup environment and should enjoy ownership and responsibility in your daily work.
As a Customer Support Analyst, you will:
- Provide support and resolve technical issues through email and our feedback channels
- Work with our team to support our growing number of products
- Create and implement new ideas to solve common and complex issues
- Have a strong sense of ownership in dealing with customer cases from start to finish
- Build and maintain positive relationships with our players
- Have a high level understanding of how our products are designed
Your background should include:
- At least 2 years of customer support experience
- Experience with helpdesk systems (e.g. Desk, Freshdesk, ZenDesk, etc.)
- Gaming industry support experience
- Quantitative and analytical skills
- User content and technical writing abilities
- Proficient reading and typing speeds
- A desire and commitment to making customers happy
Tell us if you:
- Are considered a pro player in any online game
- Have experience writing blogs about technical or user content
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Play iOS and/or Android games
- Volunteer for a cause that is important to you
Open availability is required.
In order to meet the support requirements of our communities, A Thinking Ape supports our players from 7:00am to 10:00pm (Pacific Time) seven days a week! You must be able to work morning or night shifts. We are looking to make new additions to our rockstar support team!
A Thinking Ape is built to allow you to do great work. We champion a culture of ownership, based on exploration and debate regardless of position. Our team is supported with an open concept studio space, movable standing workstations and employee-determined work schedules. We keep communication flowing with quarterly State of the Ape meetings, face time with founders and regular one-on-ones with your team lead.
Other perks our apes enjoy:
- Earn a fat pay cheque with very large year end bonuses
- $1500 per year towards your professional development
- Health & dental coverage for you and your family, including MSP and travel
Work life balance:
- Enjoy extra personal / flex days on top of your annual vacation
- Fitness reimbursement allowance to keep you healthy
- Monthly social & teambuilding events
- Play on our company hockey or dodgeball teams
- Participate in weekly board game / Wii tournaments
More awesomeness like:
- Employee referral bonus
- Well stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks
- Weekly catered lunches
- Birthday and anniversary celebrations
- Massage chair
- Awesome swag
If you’re ready to make the next generation of top grossing mobile games, we’d love to hear from you!