VR Game Devices engineering is for sure on bleeding edge of high tech. Part gaming devices, part special effects props, they need to be realistic, resilient to user interaction, loaded with wireless tracking technology and include haptic feedback. When users feels like a magic trick was played upon them, you know you have done a great job putting the best of your passion into hard work. Do you recognize yourself? Then this might just be the job for you!
Starbreeze is now looking for a Electronic Engineer specialized in VR Gaming Devices in to join our kick-ass team in Los Angeles, CA.
As a VR Devices Specialist in Starbreeze you will work in a collaborative and creative work environment and look to push the boundaries of cutting edge hardware. Research, develop, implement, and debug high-end techniques applicable to large-scale environments will be part of your daily work.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Build props used as Mixed Reality devices, like guns that match their Virtual counterparts
- Create connected devices using wired and wireless technologies
- Supervise the engineering, production and testing of the prototypes
- Manage relationship with vendors for small series production
- Communicate and integrate multiple inputs to create devices
- Work with proprietary existing technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
You have at least 3 years of experience on electronic projects and a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics, related discipline, or relevant work experience. Preferably you have double expertise in both Computer Science and Electronics. You have experience with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles. You must be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you have:
- Experience in RF technologies, communication, and embedded electronics
- Experience with CAD systems, 3D printing and other rapid prototyping technologies
- Experience with RFID, consumer electronics, IoT a plus
- Commitment to production quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
- Comfortable with git, and familiar with other version control systems
Still reading? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and meet you.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and personal letter to be considered.