About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Last year, we launched our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb on PC and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox One. We’re currently working on Gears of War 4 and several other high-profile projects on PC and console. We’re looking for talented artists to help make them great!
We are looking for a talented Concept Artist to add to our team, to help us realize our designs for an upcoming title. Working closely with our Leads you will be tasked with developing ideas from the initial concept stages through to the polished production illustrations. You should be experienced designing environments and you should have a strong understanding of form, function and perspective.
As a Concept Artist at Splash Damage, you will:
Create high quality photo-realistic production concepts by painting in Photoshop
Iterate on ideas using quick sketches and thumbnails
Work with the Art Director and Art Team to create and maintain high quality visual designs
Collaborate with the design team to solve problems where art and design meet
Essential Skills and Experience
Great artistic skills and demonstrable application of colour and light in painting
Strong sense of design and composition and a good eye for detail and scale
Good communication ability to receive and provide clear feedback
Passion for game development
Desirable Skills and Experience
Strong traditional artistic skills
Proficiency with 3D Software
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.