YAGER is an independent developer of computer and video games based in Berlin, Germany. We are an English-speaking studio that employs more than 100 people from 20 different countries. As passionate gamers ourselves, our focus is on the games we love to play: AAA, multi-platform experiences for a global audience.
Our people are our most important asset. Their individual skillsets and backgrounds, their creative and innovative thinking, and their love for games all create a collaborative environment which allows everyone to make their mark. We invest in the development of our staff, and reward their contributions with perks such as company parties, plenty of beer after milestones, opportunities for workshops, and more.
3D Hard Surface Artist (f/m)
As a Hard Surface Artists you are someone who loves modeling everything hard surface (vehicles, mechs, sci-fi architecture, weapons etc.) and cares deeply about functionality. Your primary duties, under the direction of the art director are in 3D modeling, texturing, and world building. In collaboration with technical artists and production you will assure that areas are beautiful as well as technically feasible within timeframe budgets.
- Create highly detailed and believable 3D models and textures for various hard surface assets such as spaceships, weapons and buildings
- Create mechanical models that show a high degree of articulation and animation
- Create high quality art and high quality models and textures
- Work alongside the art director to maintain the high standards of modelling, texturing, PBR material creation and manufacturer design cues to provide consistent and high quality models
- 3+ years’ of experience in professional game development
- Modeling and texturing skills
- Excellent knowledge of 3ds Max, Photoshop, and Zbrush or similar (Maya, Modo,…)
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, and surface properties
- Ability to take and apply direction and work well in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Passionate about videogames
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Shipped AAA game
- Full-time and on-site
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
If this sounds like you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people passionate about their work, please click 'Apply Now' below to send us your application using our online form.