Hardlight Studios are part of SEGA Networks Inc., a division of SEGA Networks Co., Ltd. SEGA Networks Co., Ltd. was established in July 2012 as a division of Tokyo-based SEGA Corporation, focused on publishing games for mobile and tablet devices based on SEGA's most iconic brands in addition to the development of new intellectual property. SEGA Networks quickly rose to prominence as one of Japan's premier mobile game publishers with hit titles that include Puyo Puyo!! Quest, which has thus far achieved over 10 million downloads, and Chain Chronicle, which has maintained top ranking on both the Apple App Store and Google Play. For more information, please visit http://sega-net.com/ .SEGA Networks Co., Ltd., employee over 400 people and typically have at least two titles in the top 25 grossing charts.Hardlight just made Crazy Taxi: City Rush, as well as several Sonic the Hedgehog™'s titles (Sonic Jump™, Sonic Dash™ and Sonic Jump Fever). SEGA's much loved blue hedgehog mascot is a true global brand crossing over from video games into toys, stationary, apparel and much more.Our open plan office is in the heart of Royal Leamington Spa - a thriving town with a bustling game-development scene. A small dedicated bunch with drive, passion and creativity - right now we are looking for key people to come and join us on some very ambitious new projects.SEGA has a leading benefits package and flexible working environment that make this a relaxed and friendly place to work. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
We are looking for experienced programmers to come & join our team in key positions. If you're comfortable taking on a variety of challenges & can demonstrate passion for what you do, we would love to hear from you.
- Demonstrable passion for making games
- You enjoy working with in a team & sharing your knowledge
- You show a positive attitude & enjoy finding smart ways to get what we want done well
- You enjoy learning new things & thinking of ways we can improve
- You are amiable and willing to follow direction but happy to bring your own ideas to the table
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Games industry experience spanning multiple titles and platforms
- Expert knowledge of C++ or C# and aptitude to learn new languages quickly
- Strong analytic and mathematical skills
- Experience & enthusiasm for being involved in mentoring or leading team members and peers
- Wide experience of the architecture of current games (rendering, gameplay, client/server, tools pipelines, etc)
- Knowledge of how to scope and break down requirements into actionable tasks
- Good communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with members of other disciplines and management
- Experience of using the Unity game engine
- Experience of developing casual or mobile titles across multiple genres, especially Free to Play titles
- Knowledge of Obj-C, Java and other native languages
- Experience of Android development
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.