Roll7 are a BAFTA winning studio preparing to embark on their most ambitious and exciting project yet. After the smash hit successes of their 2D titles (OlliOlli, OlliOlli2 and Not A Hero), this new IP is a 3D, high-octane sports / action title and promises to become yet another exciting member of the Roll7 game family.
Roll7 run development remotely and this role requires the applicant to undertake the vast majority of their work at home. Appropriate equipment, dev kits and software licenses will be supplied as required. There will be travel to London required on an Ad Hoc basis for team meetings / work days and therefore applicants MUST be based in England
This is an opportunity to join the team at Roll7, and as Network Programmer, develop and implement game to game communications, lag compensation routines, and game to service communications.
The role requires a high level of versatility and hands on work – you will effectively collaborate with a wide range of team members, from our Lead Network Programmer, to our producer and Gameplay Designers.
This role will initially be a 10 month full-time contract.
Salary: £ Competitive DOE
- Competent C++ Programmer
- Unreal experience
- Client side networking experience
- Familiar with client/server topology and the problems that come with it
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work remotely on complex problems
- Ability to deep dive into large complex codebases and come up with reliable solutions to problems
- An understanding of multithreading and the problems that come with it.
- Experience with Security and Anti-Cheat Measures
- Administration of Linux services and infrastructure
- Worked on one or more titles with +10k daily active users
- Working knowledge of PSN / XBL / Party / Authentication