Position at GREE
GREE Melbourne is on a mission to redefine the mobile gaming world. We're now on the lookout for an Art Director with exceptional artistic talent who thrives on building, motivating and developing teams of animators, modellers and concept artists. As an Art Director at GREE, your responsibilities will include leading and managing our incredibly talented team of animators, concept artists and modellers. You'll also be collaborating with teams in Berlin and San Francisco, whilst fostering a culture that drives high performance in the areas of innovation, creativity, and knowledge sharing.
Because we're not your typical games company (we're large and well-established with an energetic, start-up culture), the ability to think outside the box and challenge the status quo is essential. As a senior member of our studio, each day you'll play a key role in the delivery of a cutting-edge new mobile game that our customers will love.
You have extensive experience managing teams of artists within commercial game development environments (bonus points mobile platform experience). You'd consider yourself to be a natural leader with the proven ability to motivate people. You're comfortable taking accountability and would describe yourself as driven and people-focused with a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Lead and manage a talented team of artists (animators, concept artists and modellers)
- Develop and grow teams while driving engagement
- Roll up your sleeves and demonstrate exceptional artistic talent
- Foster a culture that breeds communication, creativity and fun.</ul>On top of being a talented art director, it stands to reason you'll have the following:
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to solve problems and think outside the box
- A collaborative, balanced and results driven approach
- Strong passion for games and building great products.</ul>
We're in the business of fun. Come have some.
With headquarters in San Francisco, GREE International was formed in 2011 and rapidly achieved global success, with popular titles such as War of Nations, Knights & Dragons, Modern War and Crime City. Our Melbourne studio is bright, highly collaborative and boasts awesome views of the city.
You'll be joining a small and powerful team of talented individuals and industry veterans. We've built a culture which is laid-back and fun whilst being passionate and high performing. We're all game geeks around here and we know your passions because we're the ones playing alongside you.