Senior Level Designer (AAA Console/VR)
£50-60k p/a + benefits
Do you have the ability and create levels and scripts on a high budget AAA game project? Are you hungry, ambitious and hungry to create compelling missions? Are you driven by the ability to develop level layouts and scripts? Are you interested to work as part of a small (but extremely talented) team working on (probably) the most exciting platform in games development this side of the millennium? Finally, could you do all that based in one of the UKs most creative, energetic and culturally vibrant cities?
If you can answer ‘YES’ to all of these questions, then read on. One of Gravity’s prominent UK-based clients with a rich history in developing cutting edge games and technology is building a brand new development team to work on a high budget AAA ground-up VR project currently in pre-production.
You’ll ideally be passionate about VR, will have already delivered on the big stage on AAA console games in Senior Level Design roles and have your finger on the button when it comes to creating highly immersive missions.
What Do I Need To Apply?
• Experience as a Senior Level Designer on at least 2 AAA Console (PS3/PS4/Xbox360/XboxOne) games (ideally concept-launch).
• The ability to blend mechanics, lay out the game world, script events, balance progression, challenge and reward.
• Experience of scripting sound effects, voice overs and animation.
• Understanding of using 3D level editors and scripting systems within AAA development and ideally experience of building games on Unreal.
• The ability to use telemetry data and understand the importance of user tests for balancing levels you’ve created.
• This opportunity is not restricted only to EU nationals, work visa and relocation provision is there for the right candidate.
• Chance to be part of a small talented team on a truly immersive technology for one of the biggest companies in the world developing awesome games.
• Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday, contributory pension scheme, healthcare, dental, socials and free games.
• The opportunity to work in Manchester, one of the most creative cities in the world.
If you’d like to know more about this opportunity or have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org (Senior Recruiter), otherwise hit apply and we’ll endeavour to get back to as soon as possible.