Bigpoint is seeking a Director of Live Games to drive and own the entire strategy, planning, execution, and analysis for all our live games that are currently enjoyed by millions of people.
The ideal candidate will have hands on experience in the F2P game genre and will have a significant amount of knowledge for game pillars, designs and KPI analyses in the gaming industry. The Directorâ€™s main responsibility, after agreeing on a Budget with the CEO, will be to articulate a strategy and roadmap with every producer to meet given Revenue and EBITDA goals. Tasks will include leading the overall department via mentoring and supporting the live game producers, making sure we maintain the highest quality of staffing - upscaling / optimizing when needed - and creating a workflow of features / updates that optimize the lifetime of our games.
Working closely with the Producers of the Live Game teams, New Game Development teams, Product Marketing teams and our Business Intelligence team, this role will have you own each Live Game in its entirety after it has â€launchedâ€, you guide the producers and lay out the plans to the development teams to get it done at a high quality bar and in a timely fashion.
- Oversee the product and monetization strategy across the live games portfolio.
- Work with each Producer to provide guidance and feedback for their respected projects and teams.
- Partner with Marketing and Business Intelligence departments to effectively execute on feature deliverables.
- Maintain and elevate all live product KPIs.
- Monitor the handoff from the new game department to the live game department.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in game development / management with direct experience managing cross-disciplinary game teams and owning oversight of game vision / KPIs.
- BA/BS degree.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and develop a small team â€" including those who do not directly report to you.
- Exceptional data analysis and problem solving skills.
- Be a great leader, with the ability to both listen effectively and influence a team.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff.
- Strong product management skills at a game feature/system level.
- Advanced analytic skills including financial modeling and Pamp;L management capabilities.
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry and competitor trends.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be a part of the recruiting process at Bigpoint.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across different disciplines and locations to achieve results.
- Strong PC Skills, including proficiency with MS Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Flexibility to travel to Bigpoint studios as required.
- Attendance at industry conferences as required.
- Strong passion for games, creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences.