BIGPOINT is looking for an Associate Level Designer (m/w) who will be responsible for designing the game world across the single player and multiplayer experience of an exciting title.
The perfect candidate will focus on level design through evolution of the game design from initial documentation through to prototyping and testing.
If you love MMORPGs and strategy games like we do and always wanted to create one of the most unique games up to date, we have the perfect job for YOU!
- Collaborate with the design lead and the whole development team to develop a beautiful game world by creating interactive architecture including landscape, buildings and objects
- Evolve ideas in conjunction with the development team and ensure that the design goals adapt to and survive the development process.
- Participate in the design and development process by scoping and sizing requirements using agile development methods.
- Share expertise and advise others in the development of features across the game.
- Implement and develop positive changes to the game based on feedback from QA, user research and the development team to ensure the product is critically and commercially successful.
- Contribute to tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
- Remain up to date with industry and academic developments in game development and design.
- 3+ years professional experience in the games industry
- Excellent knowledge of the principles of game design, gameplay theory, balancing, level design, story, interface, AI, combat, game-flow and player progression, particularly when applied to RPG / MMORPG / strategy games.
- Strong skills in creating layouts and prototypes of game levels, maintaining development in conjunction with other teams and polishing and balancing the level design throughout production.
- Experience with CryEngine or similar as well as modelling tools like Maya or 3ds Max
- Strong skills in creating high quality design documentation, focusing on clarity and brevity.
- Capable of working efficiently and productively with game artists, programmers, animators, sound designers and the rest of the game development team.
- Motivated self-starter whoÂ likes working on very productive, fast-paced teams.
- Passionate team player, capable of rallying and motivating the team around the level design of the game.
- Ability to positively contribute to discussions, good judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Passion for video games and game design with at least 1 shipped title.
- B.A./B.Sc. degree or higher in an area related to the job description is a plus.